Question about design

Very good day, I would like to know if there is a way to separate the following:

As you can see, it is a table created in a repeating group, my question is whether the part that is in blue can be separated. That is to say that instead of being separated by a “,” it is a “|” or if it is possible to separate it into cells

In the database table is the following structure of all that:

imagen
imagen

Hey @juan_delhoyo :wave:

Welcome to the Bubble Community! :tada: :confetti_ball:

Hmm :thinking: Let’s see.

Can you show us the data source for your table? You can do what you need but might need to adjust the data source for it to make it work.

Thanks for the welcome and for the response, of course.

Thanks for the screenshot. What about the text inside the repeating group. The text in blue. :blush:

It is inside a text

and as seen in the first publication only a “,” separates them, I wanted to know if it is possible to separate it into cells as if it were a table, or if it can be done at least using a “|”. I already tried find and replace but it didn’t work

I see what you need there. You can try adding an another repeating group inside that cell, or you can try: Current cell's Bonos Pre-nomina's bones-extra-nuevos:format as text. Then inside of that you can add your nombre-bono and valor as well as a | or any other spacer you want.

Does that make sense? :blush:

Good morning, an apology for the late response, with the option to format to text it still appears the same as it did before. maybe i’m doing something wrong

Here is an example for you to look at. I hope this helps clarify things for you a little bit. This is just one way to do it. I am using a repeating group inside of another repeating group to display it this way.

Editor: testApp42wCleanDB | Bubble Editor

Preview: https://testapp42wcleandb.bubbleapps.io/version-test/question_about_design?debug_mode=true

Hope that helps! :blush:

1 Like

Hello again, sorry for the late answer, Thanks so much that help me, i found an another error in my logic, when a show the data in a table its works good, but for example if a want to update amount in the bono, i see that date apear in all datas, in this image show an example

imagen

If you want to save another record, but first update the bonus value. I would like to show the following

imagen

But it appears to me like this
imagen

I know it is an error when displaying the data, but I don’t know how to solve it. I tried to create the record in another table, but I didn’t know how to do it.

No worries. What is your data source for that value?

This is the repeating group where i show the table with the useres registered
imagen
there i show the bonus
imagen

I have three tables. are the following
imagen
imagen
imagen
It looks somewhat simple, but I made a quick example so as not to modify the original

Hmm. :thinking: You might be over complicating things. Let’s see if we can figure this out.

What does your workflow look like when you update that value?

this is the update workflow

I had the idea of ​​​​wanting to create a record or history table, where each record is saved, but I couldn’t figure out how to save the list of bonuses without it being a reference to the “bonus” table, in order to avoid that if I update it it will be noticed in everyone the previous records, but I didn’t know how to do it

Have you tried right clicking on the input and editing that workflow to change the value you want instead of a button outside of the repeating group?

It seems you are updating something in a state, which I can’t tell what you are updating from that screenshot.

Seems like there might be quite a few things that needs adjusting. Maybe giving us access to the app via a direct message might be helpful. Then we can try to record a video explaining how to fix things. Not sure what else to do.

Really, if you can afford it, a coaching session would be the best option if possible. A one-hour session would probably save you hours of your time trying to figure this out.

I will show you everything I have for that flow, first I will explain it to you, in the repeating group of the bonuses there is the one with the existing bonuses just with their value, right there is a button that shows a pop where the option to update it is, I have a variable where I temporarily save the value to send it to the input so that the previous one can be seen.

Below I show you the images in order of how they are executed.

imagen
imagen
imagen

now the flow of how they are executed

That part looks like it should work. Does it?

If it works, the problem is that if in row one, I save bonus 01 with an amount of 200, if in row 2 I register one but update the amount to 100, this. When displaying the table all the rows appear with the field at 100.

Ok, I think I understand what you are trying to do. Let’s make it simpler, can you add your button inside the repeating group instead of outside the repeating group to see if that works for you better?

What would it be, and what function would it have?

To update the current cells value. Then it will only update one value instead of all of them. Is that what you are trying to do?