Recurring error in an app developed on Bubble

We have a sign up portal developed on Bubble, and we get this error “Sorry, we ran into a temporary bug and can’t complete your request. We’ll fix it as soon as we can; please try again in a bit!” quite often, and usually when there is a customer ready to sign up. So there is no need to mention how annoying this is… :weary:
The funny thing is that the outsourcing company that has developed the portal, have their own project management portal developed on bubble.io and this message pops up there rather frequently as well. And when it does, their portal becomes blocked as well.
Do you know what might cause the error? Is it a Bubble.io bug? Can you provide any tips on how to make it go away forever?:blush: Thanks a lot in advance!

Do you know how to view your developer console in chrome?

This error message is a generic one…usually more insight via the dev console.

Does the sign up portal use any plugins? Have you reached out to whoever developed this for you to see what they say? If it’s a bug in their dev they should be the ones to fix it for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. The contractors we hired to develop the portal seem to be unable to fix it. We gave them 2 entire weeks!

Let me attach a couple of the screenshots from the dev console.
We would appreciate any advice that might help us find the source of the error :wink:

{"error_class":"UnexpectedError","args":{"code":"1633531210146x679097875512798600"},"message":"Sorry, we ran into a temporary bug and can't complete your request. We'll fix it as soon as we can; please try again in a bit!"}

I believe it’s a bug from bubble side. I used to get this error while testing registration page in my application.

Thanks! Were you able to solve it somehow?

I think it was all gone by itself after some time. I just left the testing part as it was annoying and worked on something in the Workflow of the same registration page. Idk if any of those workarounds helped me get over it.

Thanks! In our case it seems to be quite persistent. …We already had the portal in production and then it suddenly stopped working :weary:

Sorry for that! I can understand how tiresome this must be. Have you tried contacting Bubble directly through their mail?

I appreciate the advice, will try that!

Double check the Workflows in that page!
If you can post those Workflows here, it’ll be easier for me or someone to help you out.

I will post them tomorrow (need to check the details with the developers), thanks for your help!

1 Like

From that it appears to be an authorisation error in the API call with PortaOne. Perhaps they are using test auth parameters instead of live ones?

The developer needs to fix this for you :slight_smile:

Hey! If you are still struggling I’d love to help you out! If you’re interested in chatting send a DM!

Learn more

Tired of struggling with Bubble? Are you ready to step-it-up or speed it along? Need some custom code or a plugin built? Contact me today to learn how to book a 1-on-1 session, get your plugin built, or yet freelance building support!

They said they’ve triple checked everything. I’ve just reported the bug to bubble.io. May be they would be able to help.

Thank you for the idea though:)

Here is the screenshot of the workflow that results in this bug, I’d appreciate it if you could have a look. Thanks:)

With the condition at the end, are you trying to check if the user is already registered?

yes, it is

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.