Remove Page Name From URL

Does anyone know if it’s possible to remove the page name from a URL to make it shorter?

I want to change the user’s profile page URL from ‘mysite.com/profile/username’ to ‘mysite.com/username’.

I have tried using the index (homepage) as the profile page along with adding the username to the URL but then it adds the word ‘index’ to the URL. I have also tried this on other pages and it adds the page name to the URL.

Is there a way to remove the page name in the URL and replace it with only the username? Or could I hide the page name on a redirect or something?

I want the profile page to work like twitter does as ‘twitter.com/username’. Any ideas on how this could work?

P.s - This is the method I tried on the index page as well but it gives me a 404 page when adding the username to the end of the URL. This method works on a regular page but it adds the page name to the URL as ‘mysite.com/page/username

Hi!

Did you got any solution for it ? I have the same issue. My app will work as: domain.com/<store_name> but I´m ony able to put it to work as domain.com/<page_name>/<store_name>.

Kind regards,
Vitor

Hi,

Did either of you manage to resolve this?

I’d like to do the same if it’s possible.

Many thanks

Sonya

No.

My solution was to create a .htaccess file on the external hosting and redirect the pages as this:

mydomain.com/seller_namemyapp.bubbleapps.io/selles/seller_name.

It´s not beautiful, but works for now.

Thanks Vitor.

Hey Vitor,

Where do you host your .htaccess file or what service do you use?

Hi!

It´s hosted at Hostgator, a service provider that I ´m using for a long time.

My domain is registered there and my .htaccess file too.

As soon as I complete my app I will use too domains in order to have my strategy working…

www.domain1.com will continue at Hostagor and www.domain1.app will be at Bubble. So, when users access www.domain1.com/seller_name they will be redirected to www.domain1.app/sellers_page/seller_name.

Until now that was the only way to solve my issue.

Regards,
Vitor

Thanks for the quick reply. I will look more in detail.

Cheers,
Fabrice

Anyone got any solution?

1 Like

Any body found a solution to this?