Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Repeating Group Background Color Every Other Row

Hello all… I’m completely new to Bubble. Is there a way to make the background color of every other row in a repeating group a different color?

Looking for this pattern:

white
grey
white
grey
white
grey
etc.

Hi there,

Yep this can be done. Utilize the forums search feature, it’s usually the bubbler’s best friend. Tons of resources on this topic.

1 Like

Here’s a quick video tutorial on how to alternate the background colors in a Repeating Group.
It’d help me a lot if you like & subscribe.

1 Like

Thank you so much, Gio! I greatly appreciate the video being included. That’s extremely helpful to see what’s going on.

1 Like

Thank you for the response. Being that I’m new to this community and the Bubble product, I do have a question based on this response. Is this forum like Stack Overflow and others similar to that where the community does not like to answer questions that have already been asked? While I can understand people’s position of not wanting to explain countless times how to do something, people like myself who have no experience with Bubble, may or may not understand what they’re looking for. They know what end result they’re looking for, but do not know if the post they come across in actually doing what they’re hoping it does. Either that, or they don’t understand the verbiage. I, for example, have issues from time to time with terms like ‘thing’ because they’re so vague. It sometimes makes me wonder if I’m looking in the right direction.

I just want to ask so that I’m not irritating members here.

1 Like

I understand what you’re saying, and my intention was not to come off as rude. Many questions users have, have indeed already been answered. Copying and pasting your subject line, the answer comes up is all I was suggesting. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey you can ask as many questions as you wish. Sometimes you’ll get answers, sometimes video tutorials and sometimes it’ll be a critique. As a rule of thumb it’s always good to read Bubble’s suggestions on the right hand side (blue color). I have cancelled 50% of the posts because of those suggestions.

Title wording is crucial for bubble to to proper search & suggestions.

No, no, I didn’t feel you were rude at all. It’s just every forum is different. I view it kind of like I’m a guest in someone’s home. You play by their rules and mind your manners. If looking things up is really stressed here, I will most certainly attempt to follow that procedure.

1 Like

Thank you. That’s very nice of you. I will keep this in mind going forward. It’s my first time using Bubble, but I’m challenging myself with my project. So I’m likely going to have a lot of questions. I’ve watched a number of video tutorials on Youtube already, and that’s given me a good base to start with. But some functionality requires going outside what is already out there. I will search the forum first, or reference posts I find in my post if I have questions about that post’s contents.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.