Repeating Group not updating on time

Hi bubblers,

I am have a one page app that contains about 10 different groups which hides and shows contents based on some custom state values.

However, I have a problem with all my repeating groups.

Whenever I am on one of the RGs, and then switch to another group that contains another RG, contents of the first RG lingers on the second RG for about 1 - 2 seconds before it updates to its one contents.

How can I stop this from happening?

So the RG is the same and you switch the RG’s source? Could you share a gif / video of what’s happening?

Nonetheless, let me take a stab, a couple of ideas:

• hide/show groups with the RG inside of it
  • use List Shifter

I’ve bumped into that limitation in the past. I’ve tried using the RG’s states like is loading, but it doesn’t really work. My solution has been to use List Shifter. It makes lots of things easier.

@rico.trevisan the RG is different, with different names and built on different groups actually but the RGs are same size and dimensions. Maybe this is a limitation of Bubble.

OK.

Give List Shifter a try. It has a very good :is loading, etc…

A few questions:

• Are all the groups configured to be initially hidden? They should be.
  • Are the groups “stacked” in Y space (as opposed to “layered” in Z space)? Again, they should be.
  • How are the groups being shown / hidden? Ideally, you’d be using conditionals (not workflows) to show initially-hidden groups. That way, they hide automatically when the condition is not met - i.e. you needn’t hide them explicitly.

Is list shifter a plugin? Just hearing about this today.

Yes, it’s my go-to plugin for everything RG / lists:

Keith, its creator and maintainer, is a great community member, always active, detailed responses. No wonder he’s the self-proclaimed “Most :heart: Bubble Dev.”

Just trying out the List Shifter, I actually think it is an overkill for the take I want to perform. I just need the 2nd RG to update on time and not display the content of RG 1.