Retrieving Facebook check in information

Hi there!

Is there a way to retrieve “check in” information (if the user checks in using Facebook, the app needs to be able to retrieve this information with the user’s consent), and information of his/her friends (who also checked in the same place). I’m building an app that users will be able to login using their Facebook account and they will be accepting these terms.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I haven’t done anything similar but the first place I would look is Facebook’s API to see if they expose this information.

Thanks Scott! It seems that the Facebook plugin is only for authentication purposes. Functions other than Likes or Shares are not available it seems… :frowning:

@trujillo345, I would check Facebook’s API documentation (on their website) instead of looking at Bubble’s plugin. If Facebook provides a way for other companies to access this information, then it’d be through their API.

If so, you should be able to use Bubble to connect to the Facebook API and pull that data into Bubble’s database. The way to do so would be with Bubble’s API Connector.

You will need to supply the User Token from the OAUTH login. That will allow you access to the Facebook APIs.

Getting the token is likely to be the challenge.

@sridharan.s, I will give that a look. Thanks!

Thanks Nigel. I will ask a more experienced friend in programming to see if he know how to tackle this! I’ll keep you posted if I find a solution!