RG nested inside RG inside another RG

OK, so if there is a better way to do this than what I’m doing I would love to know.

I’m trying to organize a Todo list first by date, then by group, and then the Todos(see attached Image).

Date
Group
Todos
Groups
Todos
Date
Group
Todos

I currently have the first RG setup with a source of todos grouped by date.

Then I have inside that another RG todos grouped by Groups. This time I had to add all the constraints as the date, but this time I’m doing Due date based on the Date of the parent RG. This works although I wish there was a better way to do this. Seems like a lot of extra searches when if there was a way to just say with the parent’s groups restraints.

The last one is where I run into problems. I’m doing the same constraints again, this time using the parent Group as a constraint. I also want it to be constrained by the date, but it won’t let you do Current Cell’s Current Cell’s Date. It only lets you go back one level of RG. So the todo’s end up showing all the todos in that group.

Anyway I can set this up to work better?

I really didn’t read your post in too much depth so it’s possible this solution doesn’t apply to you but check out this thread

and make sure you read @iwakinomotoye’s reply

I don’t know if there is a better way to have the nested RG’s but the above might solve your issue with the third RG

Hello Paul, thank you. I’m not sure I completely understand, and it might be because I’ve never used a cell’s index.

So I created a group in RG A (aka Dates), I select the Cell’s index, but it’s red asking for more information. I’m not sure what it’s looking for. What should I set the Type of content to? I tried “date” since this is the information I need, but still red. If I put type of content to number I can get the text blue, but when I try and look for the group it does not show up.

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 8.50.34 AM
Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 8.50.47 AM

Hi, have you tried the “grouped by” feature?

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.