Saving Data from a popup

I have two data types one signature and one contract. The contract has a data field called signer with data field type signature. On my page, I have a popup(picture below) that I would like to save the input as a signature and then also save that signature as a signer to current page contract but can’t seem to figure out how to do it. I tried to set the input to auto-bind and then the submit button to make a change to contract and signer = parent group signature but it didn’t work.

contract data type

signature data type

I guess parent group's signature is not created in the database yet when someone clicked on that submit button. Probably, while opening the popup, you have to create an empty signature first, pass it on to the popup, then someone signs their name, and when submit is clicked, you will add this to the current page’s contract. Or maybe I totally get it wrong :slight_smile:

What if someone clicks the button that shows the popup. Then actually backs out and don’t complete the signature process. Then I would just have a blank signature correct? Is there a way to delete it if the pop up isn’t submitted?

I think you can do the creation process in the submit button as well. When submit is clicked, create a new signature by getting the name from the input, assign the newly created signature to the Current page's contract’s signer field. So, you don’t need to auto-bind anything in this case.

I got it. Thanks for your help. I forgot in the workflow you can do the “results from step 1”:man_facepalming:t5: .