Saving the dates between two dates as things

I have an app where I am looking to make a custom calendar. I have a date/time picker for start date and end date and I create things called ‘start date’ and ‘end date’ in my database and save those as part of the id of the project the user is creating. What I would like to do is create a thing for all the dates in between the start date and end date when I create the things ‘start date’ and ‘end date’ so that i can save other things that are scheduled on each of those “dates”. Anyone tried this before? Thank you!

Is the date range function what you’re looking for?

Thanks @dan1 The date range function does save the range of first to last date as a field in the DB. It would be great to be able to create a repeating group with each of those dates in the date range as a thing. Anyone know if that is possible or how I would do that? Then I could assign other things to those dates like events, etc.

Yes, you can do it. But it takes a bit of setting up.

You will need to populate a bubble data type with future dates so that you can “schedule an API on a list”.

The list is the list of dates between your start/end date. For each date that the API runs for, create a thing.

3 Likes

Thanks @NigelG I appreciate the help! I will give it a try and post my findings (if I can figure it out). :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.