Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Send custom object/data type to Action

TL;DR How do I send a full bubble data type object to an Action? Or a custom JSON object with many custom properties?

I have a custom plugin with Action that takes a lot of data. I know I can define all those fields in the Action’s Fields, but that’s A LOT, and then I’d have to pass them in one-on-one in a Workflow/Event. That seems like a lot of work. I’d rather let the Event choose what to send. Maybe a custom JSON object, or a full Bubble data type object.

I’ve created an Action Field with Editor = Dynamic Value, and Type = any thing with fields, and I can assign its value perfectly in an Event, BUT its practically empty in the Action function:

{"single_api":true}

None of the actual Bubble data in there, so that doesn’t work. I’ve also accessed specific properties in the object, in case it has magic accessors or something, but these are empty:

properties.residu['name']
properties.residu['Name']

How do I send a full bubble data type object to an Action? Or a custom JSON object?

Action Field in plugin:

Passing in data in Event:

2020-08-02_01-20-21

(name, value1 and value2 work, because they take specific properties (string and number))