Send data to page without including in URL

Hi all! Is it possible to send data to a page without adding the unique ID to the URL?

My use case is to let users “subscribe” by logging in with google. But this would happen on unique pages ie. https://app.example.com/workspace/1583578040870x3535939048709487740, however, google will not allow random URL’s. I am trying to send them to a generic page (app.example.com/signup) to sign in and store the ID on that “generic” page so that I can redirect back to the initial intended page.

I hope that makes sense. Any ideas?

To log users in with Google, just install the Google plugin from Bubble, configure it with your app secret and app ID, and click the “Use a generic redirect URL” box:

2 Likes

@keith didn’t realize that was an option. Thank you!

Hi @keith,

I know this is a very basic question once someone knows the answer, but it just seems impossible for me to find the

App secret and App ID/API Key

I’ve been searching everywhere. Where is it hiding?

(in my bubble app somewhere, or google console or another secret hiding spot…?

Update: It looks like I’m getting closer… found this post here: How To: Google Services Client ID & Secret - #10 by zelus_pudding
It looks like I first need to go to the Google Console, and complete there my OAuth 2.0 set-up first in order to obtain there the Client ID and Client Secret, and as @zelus_pudding mentions in the above post:

Client ID goes into App ID/API Key and Client Secret goes into App secret

Is my understanding correct?: