Server plugin parameter now receives undefined instead of null when blank?

Hi folks!

I don’t know whom to tag from bubble regarding this question, (maybe @josh ?), but I noticed today that our server-side plugin started receiving “undefined” value in parameters that were left blank. More precisely, blank parameters are now absent in properties object. Previously they were set to “null” in such a case. Is there any change in the logic that passes plugin parameters to properties object of the plugin action?

The problem is simple: null < 1 is true while undefined < 1 is false. I know, we should coalesce null values and blah blah blah, but anyway, that change, if it happened, is fundamental and I’d like to get a confirmation that it took place.


I’d like to have confirmation here as well.

We are affected too!

We’re effected too, for 10 hours at this point.

Well, I’m not alone, so the confirmation is actually here.
I generally welcome this change: now it’s possible to identify if a parameter is blank or it’s received null from, let’s say, DB. Very useful for client-side plugins with autobinding enabled. But I’d prefer it to be announced well before putting in place. This is an integration contract that has been settled de-facto many years ago.
@josh, @emmanuel you’re startup for a long time alreadys, it’s time to mature and set up some change management process in place! :wink:


Hi Juan,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our engineering team released a fix for this issue approximately two hours ago. Apps on the immediate release track should already see this issue resolved, and those on the scheduled track will also receive the fix shortly as our team will release it to that track soon.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you require further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Already working!

Hi all, this is a bug that we introduced unintentionally while working on a behind-the-scenes revamp of our plugin API to be compatible with Node 16. The team put out a fix today, so the previous behavior should be restored. If you’re still having problems, please submit a bug report and we will take a look!


Hi Henry! Thank you for the update.
I thought it’s a new feature :rofl:

Now I’d ask, if I may, to put this into a backlog of plugin API to indicate in the properties object whether parameter was set or not.

P.S. I confirm previous behavior restored.