Strange "Show" Behaviour (Clip)

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone has experienced anything like this before, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Expand-Contract

I apologise for having to blur our details.

I have had to record a clip and slow it down to show what’s happening, but essentially, when I unhide part of a group, there’s this strange expand-contract-expand process happening. What’s making things worse is it’s intermittent and does not always happen.

I can’t see what’s making it happen, but when it does it really looks janky.

Do not use show/hide workflow actions and instead use conditionals to make an element be visible or not, so it leverages Bubble’s reactionary properties…you can also check if there is any settings for ‘animate collapse’ on the element itself, which in your case, may be the issue but I’m not sure.

You’re absolutely right, I have no idea why I was using a workflow instead of a state. Hey ho, I have some backtracking to do.

Switching from a workflow to a state hasn’t fixed the issue, though. That same…stuttering show animation happens but only on the first use, and even then, only sometimes.

Subsequent uses do not suffer from the same issue.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the issue is a bug with the animation itself, as fade doesn’t appear to have the same issue.

What do you use for the animation? (when you use a custom state)

Yes, the animation is the issue. I thought you were using hide/show elements instead of animate elements, so yes, the issue is the animation.

Also, if you are using conditionals to make the element visible or not, and have the collapse when hidden checked, make sure you do not enable the animate collapse, as the issue is the animation, whether that be for the animate workflow action or the setting of animate when collapse.

I was using Slide Left/Right to ease the tranisition and improve the UE, but with that juddering animation I’ve had to remove the animations entirely.

Yeah, I’ve just removed it entirely now. It’s jarring to see it just ping into existence, but it’s better than the juddery sliding animation I had before. Thank you.

Is this for a side menu ?

If yes, maybe you can try someting with having all menus “aligned to parent” so they are all ontop of eachothers.
That way you can animate them while being sure they stay in place and do not overlap horizontaly with anything else.

Just a 30sec idea, might not work or might work but not be visually satisfying.