Text element isn't staying snapped above repeating group

Hi all,
Firstly, bubble seems to be a great tool for creating MVPs, and I think I’ll be able to do a lot with it. I am running into an issue though, that I “think” is a bug. Even though I have “Example text” directly above the first column of my repeating group, on the “preview” screen, it has the text way off to the side, and not above the repeating group. I also tried putting the text element inside of a group, that also held the repeating group, to no avail. The repeating group always stays centered on the screen, but not that darn text!

Any ideas? Screenshots are below.
Thank you for looking.

This is likely to do with the responsive setting. You can try playing around with the responsive settings of the text element and it’s parent element using the responsive editor… or…

Try combining the text element and the repeating group into a single group. That should probably be the easiest way to get it to display how you want it to.

Hi Adam, thanks for the thoughts.

Unfortunately I already tried putting the text element and the repeating group into a single “table frame” group, but it did not help. It’s very odd to me that bubble.io doesn’t have the options to easily center items on a screen, dynamically.

Hi @tayloramarotico,

You can centre elements on the screen automatically by right-clicking on the element and selecting ‘Centre Horizontally’.

However, be aware that how that element will display on an actual screen (whether a computer screen, tablet, or mobile) will depend on your responsive settings.

Perhaps if you post a link to your editor and/or dev site so we can see what’s going on, someone may be able to find the issue for you.

Here is the link to the editor: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=devices&id=cardtapportal&tab=tabs-1

When viewing the development viewer, use the only user in the database as the datatype.

I am 95% sure I am doing something wrong, but in the responsive editor, and UI Builder, the layout looks correct. Just not in the viewer version for some reason.

Thank you again for your advice.

Try it now - I’ve set a max width to your ‘Group A’ as it was stretching when viewing on full screen making the position of the text change in relation to the repeating group.

You’re a lifesaver, Adam! Thank you so much for digging in that far - after seeing what you did, that makes total sense, that it was stretching before, and won’t be a problem in the future. I appreciate the help and info!

Best,
Taylor

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.