Things not working after Upgrade

Hi

I have recently discovered a lot of things not functioning properly on my app. I recently applied an upgrade that was for links.

The things that are not working are my search page, not showing any results in the repeating group. Also not working are displays of photos in repeating groups (not all repeating groups don’t function, just some).

I hadn’t made any changes on the app as I was able to verify from a copy of my app I made prior to the upgrade. When I go into the copy of the app everything still functions properly.

I have done some work on the original app, but not on the pages that are having the issues now. One of the pages I hadn’t visited in a week or more.

Any idea why this would happen? Is it because of the upgrade or do things like this just happen sometimes?

These are from the debugger. Not really sure what to do with this as it only indicates the list of hotel listings is empty.

But this is from the app copy that still functions correctly.

Most things are the same, except the hotel listings:filtered on the original is not coming up with results, but the copy is (as it should).

NOT Working:

Working:

I really don’t know how I would go about fixing this as I have no idea why it would have stopped working. All I can tell is that the list of hotel listings is not loading for some reason.

Is it to do with this [New Feature] Breaking change - null search/filter parameters no longer dropped by default .

1 Like

That would be the one I believe.

Should I be pressing the Revert to version 4 button?

Yeah that’s the update. You could roll back or think you can just click a box at the point were you search. The one that says ‘ignore empty constraints’ set this to yes.

If there’s loads of searches it needs changing on you can run a script to tick all ‘ignore empty constraints’ it talks about it in the thread linked before.

Thanks @jmartland22

There is a comment in that breaking change thread - you can keep the upgrade and update all your searches to have the “Ignore empty constraints” checkbox checked. To do so, open up the developers console (press F12 in Chrome) while you are in your bubble app editor. Then paste this - restore_legacy_search_constraint_behavior() - at the prompt and hit enter. It will update all your searches to have that checkbox checked…making them work the way they used to work while still being updated to version 5.

1 Like

Thanks @erick.mckesson

unfortunately I ticked the box

And it still doesn’t work as it should

No idea what could be causing this now. I felt the breaking change thing would be it but the search doesn’t even have a null parameter in it.

I had that happen to me at first too…but then realized I had some searches in my conditional items and some in the filters that also needed to be checked. Try undoing everything including the upgrade, push to live (so you have a backup version now available to revert back to)…then run the script to ensure ALL searches are converted to the checkbox and upgrade…try again.

If you click on the :filtered . Does this have the ignore empty constants box need ticking?

Sweet jesus I love people smarter than me…Thanks @jmartland22 for pointing out the obvious to you but nowhere in my thought process…Got it working…need to apologize to bubble support for sending an email asking for assistance…next step is running the script

@erick.mckesson

When you mentioned having a backup version after pushing live, is there a resource you could point me to that I could read up on how that works.

Currently I am just making a copy of the app after any big changes.

@boston85719 I make backup copies all the time too…but reverting to a prior deployment is easier so you don’t have to change domain settings, etc. On the deployment screen, you can deploy your app to live prior to making updates…give it a name like “pre-upgrade deployment”. Then you can do you upgrade and run the script. Then if it is broken, you can select the prior deployment…click the “copy time” link and then “Revert to this time” - that will copy the prior Live version back to the Development version. After you revert, you would then deploy to Live again to overwrite live with the copy you just reverted to on Dev. Make sense?

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.