[Updated Plugin] ChatGPT with Real-Time Streaming (No more timeouts!)

I am seeing this issue too. Where can I find “Ensure Connected”?

@gulbranson.nils - it’s a plugin action (ie., a workflow step). You’d add “Ensure Connected for ChatGPT Data Container A”.

I’m interested in learning more about the ‘n’ operator. Can you elaborate on what you’re trying to do with it?

Hey all,

Just uploaded the updated tutorial. Covers the following topics:

1. Intro
  2. Two interface styles - demo
    • simple
    • chat/conversational (like ChatGPT)
  3. Resources - plugin page, forum page
  4. Walk through the actions
  5. Build simple interface
  6. Build chat/conversational interface
    • Database + Message History

Only thing I think I missed is the “Last Request Token Usage”, to get token counts.

I’ll continue to update this as new features + stability upgrades are released.

Let me know if you have any questions!

(P.S. - video is still processing, and may not play yet in forum. You can view directly on YouTube by clicking link)

2 Likes

Hey @launchable, any update on the issue with the message history not being set straight away?

I’m still having that issue where my pre-written chat messages don’t always load into the message history. Have spent ages trying to debug but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t and seems completely random when

Not sure where I went wrong in the new tutorial… But when I click on the conversation’s on the left side of the screen the conversation isn’t showing up on the right side.

@buildingsomething - No updates on that yet :frowning:

Now that the new tutorial is up, I’ll be back to features and fixes for the week.

Even with the custom event approach, you’re still seeing the issue off and on?

@gulbranson.nils - Hm, maybe I missed something in the video. It ended up being spliced together a bit awkwardly, so I may make another one soon that is tighter.

re: your screenshots, your workflow looks correct.

When you start a new conversation and generate messages, do they show up correctly?

And if you inspect the repeating group (in Debug / Inspect mode), do you see the message history being set? Or alternatively, if you run the workflow in debug mode, and look at the values that are being set, are they correct?

If the workflow seems to be setting the data correctly, maybe the issue is with how the repeating group is configured.

If you figure it out, please let us know, especially if it’s something wrong/missing in the tutorial, so I can add a note to the video.

What’s the custom event approach?

The issue is still the message history is set quicker than the first records are saved (even though it’s a later action and there’s a pause before it) so is there anyway for the data container to act like a repeating group and auto-update as new db records are added?

@buildingsomething - I’m not sure what you mean by “the message history is set quicker than the first records are saved”. Do you mean you have a workflow that runs “Make changes to thing”, to modify a database record, then “Set Message History”, and that “Set Message History” is running before the DB action completes?

If so, that can happen with Bubble workflows; the actions don’t always run in order. There is a great post here from Bubble support on the topic:

The “custom event” approach is mentioned in that post, but basically the idea is, if you need things to run in a predefined order, you can “wrap” them in a Custom Event. So you create a custom event to run, e.g, Set Message History, and call that in your workflow where you need it, instead of just calling Set Message History directly. It’s a bit awkward, and non-intuitive, but it seems to work with Set/Clear Message History.

Another option (also covered in that post) is to have steps depend on results of previous steps. So, you could do something like:

1. Create a DB record in Step 1, and set its “message history” field
  2. Then call Set Message History, setting the value to the “Result of Step 1’s Message History” (or w/e you called the DB field)

or something along these lines.

re: the Data Container functioning like a repeating group: the container’s Message History and DIsplay Messages are updated in real-time, as messages come in. And when you save to your database, that’s best done with the “Message Generation Complete” event (ie., create a workflow that fires when that happens, and update a database record’s Message History and Display Messages with the values in the container, as in the tutorial vid from today). You shouldn’t need to do any “real-time” data loading, per se, as this should be handled automatically.

Let me know if any of this helps!

Hi there

Seems like I am not getting a response from the bot, I did not change the set up, is it a issue on my side?

@enbitious - which version are you using? 5.11.1 is currently the most stable for all users, so I recommend using that.

There’s a known issue with Safari on 5.12 that I’m trying to fix today; hopefully that’s the last major connectivity challenge.

I am currently seeing responses, so the system itself isn’t down. Can you provide a bit more info about your setup? (browser, version, workflow screenshots if possible)

Hmm… Out of the blue nothing is showing up when I type in an input. But I didn’t change anything. Is anything down on ChatGPT or the server? Is it because the message history is empty? I never looked at the DeBugger when it was working so I’m not sure what to compare it to. Because it literally was just working and now it isn’t.

@gulbranson.nils - Does it work if you reload the page? What if you click generate multiple times? Does it work sometimes and not others?

Some other debugging questions:

• Have you deleted your API key and created a new one?
  • Which version are you on?
  • Which browser are you using?

@launchable Doesn’t work if I reload the page. When “generate” is clicked it no longer turns to “stop generating”. When generate is clicked it just loads for a second then does nothing.

Chrome, on the newest version of the plugin. 5.12.5

But i was on this same thing earlier today and all was working. The ONLY thing that changed between when it was working and when it stopped was me adding a text box and an image box above the repeating group. Then it stopped. Then I CTRL+Z all the way back to when it was working for sure, and it continued to not work.

If you click generate say 10 times, will it comes back 2 or 3 times out of 10, or never?

Tried it 15 times. Same thing. It “loads” for a second, then nothing

Yeah, you’re right. Looks like something is wrong. Should be back up in a few minutes.

Will check the logs now to see what happened. 5.11 is still up, if you want to use that. That’s what I’m recommending for most people atm.

Okay, should be up again. Added another 20 servers. Might have been a load issue.

Will keep investigating and follow-up with more in a bit.

(give it 2 or 3 mins to stabilize)

Great. Also, I think I know where my problem was coming from before regarding not being able to click on the saved conversations and change the screen. At 32:44, you start going over “custom states”.

You click the right group and create a custom state called “Selected Conversation”. And then you found it under “custom state” in the workflow. That was not there for me when I did the same thing. There was no selection available in the dropdown. In my screenshot there is, because that was only AFTER I clicked “Create a new custom state” in that drop down.

For example, I just went and clicked on the right-side group and created a new state called “conversation123” with type text. And I went to the workflow and as you can see it is NOT showing in the dropdown. But yours did.

I don’t know if this is the cause of it, but that’s where both of our apps aren’t aligned.