Who can add this? clipboard.js

thats plugins for you, wait until you go down the plugins that detect plugins so they can react differently rabbit hole…

I will leave those inception style plugins to you. Will focus on one level for now. hahaha

Gents,

I am a bit confused now. I don’t see tags or the feedback. How does this work? Am I missing anything here?

its not stealing if it doesn’t leave your browser… :slight_smile:

It looks like it’s not working at all now! Also, it seems like it has a mandatory border!

Hey @AliFarahat,
what’s not working? it’s working at my end.
you’re right about the border. have pushed a new update which should fix that.

What tags?
If you want to use the Element’s id attribute you will have to first enable this in your bubble General settings tab.
Then you can now give any id to your element which you can reference in the plugin property. note that you have to check the “Use Id attribute of element” in the Copy to Clipboard property window for it to work.

Never mind. I just removed the plugin and installed it again and everything is A OK

Another small remark (I don’t mean to impose) can we control the background color / font color of the tooltip and the transition time.

Thanks

i can do that but not today.

Thanks for all the help man. I must say it’s an excellent plugin!

You da man! @seanhoots

@seanhoots, it would be extremely helpful to me to be able to create a copy button with text instead of image ( I want to be able to create conditional text that can be copied )

Is there a way I could “sponsor” this?

I.E. pay you :slight_smile:

-Dave

Hey @dave2,

I’m not sure I get you. Currently you can copy conditional text.
For having a button label I’m happy to do that for you.
Actually I can let the plugin have a “copy to clipboard” action so that you call it in a workflow from any event.

Exactly! A label… Or having it in a workflow would be just as easy (although I do like your “copied” feedback that the element comes with)

You can see at the top what I’m trying to accomplish (whenever someone clicks on their url it automatically copies it… Right now I just have the plugin with no background above the text… but that is giving me issues on mobile

Ok i see your use case.
I will try and add a dynamic text to the button.
In this your specific case here did check the responsive settings of your app. you can put the copy button and the text label in a group so they will behave well on mobile.

Yeah the only issue is that a user cannot then highlight the text if they need to manually copy it.

I wasn’t sure if that would really be an issue… Are there cases where the javascript browser copy to clipboard function doesnt work? Or is it pretty reliable among browsers, computers etc.

Hey @dave2, the clipboard.js library that this plugin is based on is arguably the best out there. It is very well writing to be able to handle all kinds of browsers.
I’ve added the ability to add dynamic text. But having some issues with the text formatting. Once i fix that will push it out.

1 Like

You are quite literally “the man”! This is single handedly making the user experience for my app way better.

Really appreciate this, I wish there was a way I could virtually buy you a beer.

Also just a heads up, looks like there is a minor issue with the feedback animation… after the first time copying the animation is cut short… it disappears right away…

Just pointing it out… obviously not urgent or anything

yeah that’s a bug, it shouldn’t be doing that. will look into it and fix it in the next update. what i wanted it to do was that when you click to copy the popup shows up and once you exit the button the popup goes away

1 Like