Zerocode GPS Live Geo Tracking doesn't work

Is this plugin down? https://bubble.io/plugin/gps-live-geo-tracking-1520278916283x562167352105369600 @levon

Tried the demo and to get my location. On computer, both on Chrome and Safari, I ended up in the middle of the ocean. On my phone, I end up in Poland and I’m currently in Sweden. Also, it made my phone really laggy. I’m in great need of this plugin.

Hi there,
did you try clicking on the “get location” button below the map? It worked for me and plugin identified my location immediately

Thank you for your answer. I did click on the “get location” button. It is really strange that it works for you. I’ve tested the plugin on several phones and computers. This question may be stupid, but I don’t have to purchase the plugin for it to work?

no you don’t need to purchase it, it’s just a demo page with the plugin already installed. Does it ask your permission to use your location? do you approve it?

It also works for me after clicking “get location” and allowing access.

1 Like

Yes, it does and I approve it. I do have location services activated as well.

@Kfawcett Thanks for confirming!

ok, i’ve got an idea, the plugin uses browser api to locate the user, so it’s not a gps location. I bet the browser takes this information from the internet service provider, which in your case might be a satellite link to some totally different place?

1 Like

Hmm, but the plugin has GPS in the name. :thinking:

The plugin and its name is a heritage from Jarad :slight_smile: We should probably change it to make it less confusing

I guess Jarad named that way so that people understand what it does, but if we simply remove the GPS part from the name it should still be good, right?

1 Like

The plugin does in fact use the devices GPS receivers via the browsers geo location api. I have told you this before @levon

the plugin uses browser api to locate the user, so it’s not a gps location. I bet the browser takes this information from the internet service provider, which in your case might be a satellite link to some totally different place?

Okay you’ve lost me @levon :sweat_smile: Can’t get my head around how it works for you and not for me.

Will use the tracker in a webview app. Will that make any difference? @jarrad

Hey @jarrad sorry then, i must have misunderstood something :slight_smile:
it’s just that we discussed about the accuracy and you said it can’t be further improved from about 30 meters down to about 3 meters because it uses browser API, so I figured no GPS is used in that case. No i’m a bit confused too :slight_smile:

So, will this be solved or do I have to look for other solutions? @levon

we’ll take another look this week

ok, this time our devs took a look at it and we pushed an update with some major improvements!
the problem was that plugin was returning states even before the browser detected the location and that was causing the weird results.
We have added “GPS data available” event which you can use to trigger workflows or to show the user’s location. In our demo page we have disabled the “get location” button after clicking on it until the location is detected because multiple clicks were also causing issues.
Here is the updated demo page, please give it a try

1 Like

Hi @levon,

Thanks for trying to make this work. Really appreciate it! The update is not as laggy as it was before. However, I’m still unable to get the right location. This time, I ended up in eastern Asia.

Would love to know how a state being returned on init was causing any issue especially in relation to the accuracy of any one devices GPS hardware.

don’t know the details, that’s what the dev said. Any ideas why it doesn’t work for @jaos.pcl ?

@jaos.pcl did you update your workflows as shown in our demo? You need to retrieve the plugin’s location state only when the “GPS data available” event is triggered.