Does Bubble stopped evolving?

Almost year has been passed since Bubble raised $6 million and new pricing model has been announced (+50% price increase in average).

Since that I haven’t seen ANY noticeable feature release.

Bubble roadmap page has just disappeared and now it’s just shows last Bubble updates - https://bubble.io/releases. When the last time you saw news regarding upcoming features?

Bubble app on Europe (EU) server located - 4 years since we’ve started to ask WHEN? there will be possibility to place our sites in non-dedicated plan in Europe? No answers so far.

Last email from @emmanuel I’ve receiving on 1st January 2020.
Where is editor redesign? Or at least status?

This message becomes very emotional and I’m asking myself - this is the end for Bubble product development?

6 Likes

I feel like they must be coming out with a huge update because I agree, for the amount of extra money and team members they have I would have expected more updates.
Wappler does heaps every month…

2 Likes

I didn’t want to compare Bubble with Wappler but in that case - you 100% right!

1 Like

Hi all,

It seems like we need to do a better job bringing attention to our releases :slight_smile: It’s true that we’re working on a couple big projects behind-the-scenes which will come to light soon. But, we certainly have not stopped our investment in the platform - quite the contrary! We even shifted our roadmap slightly in the last couple months to release some medium-sized features so that the platform keeps improving, even as we work on some of the bigger, meatier projects.

In the last ~6 months, off the top of my head, we’ve released:

• Cloudflare
  • Option sets
  • Dynamic sitemaps
  • Database change triggers
  • Algolia
  • Large file imports
  • OneSignal plugin
  • A revamped Rich Text Editor plugin
  • An Airtable plugin

More exciting improvements coming soon!

16 Likes

I was about to say, there’s been quite a few large updates. Some of them may not affect everyone, but there has been a fair few large updates + I’m sure there’s many more in the works. It may be quick and easy for us to build on bubble but the team has to develop those tools that make that possible and that definitely takes a lot longer + they have to make sure what they’re adding doesn’t break anything else as that can be catastrophic for end users.

There’s a lot more that goes into adding new features than I can even think of.

Thanks for you reply but what about Bubble roadmap? Why it has been removed? Why there is no transparency in Bubble development?

Can you give us some hints about the meatier stuff? :bomb:

I would politely disagree and think bubble is doing an admirable job of releasing regular updates.

A few things I think should be a little higher on the dev list is UI and performance. The UI is a terrible building tool, however I understand that a major revamp is hard for backward compatibility issues. The other is performance, which seems shrouded in mystery. The plans are a hard to understand, especially for the average user (of which there are many, because most here are not pro developers). I doubt “server capacity” is a very clear definition for most.

Edit: Also agree with @petrucho regarding the EU servers. This should also be given a higher priority. It would be interesting to find out how many bubble customers are EU based.

7 Likes

Yes I´m with you, EU servers should be a priority right now.

2 Likes

The roadmap page is paused for now because, frankly, the major roadmap items we’re working on aren’t a secret (@mattb already mentioned 2!):

• Performance of Bubble apps
  • Reliability of the Bubble platform
  • The redesign of the editor
  • (After the above) Making it easier to design beautiful apps, esp. the responsive editor

These are major projects that take a while. There will be updates soon, promise :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Keep it going guys & gals, you have everyones support! :beers:

sorry… but, is OneSignal even working? my clients really bother me with notifications

In the roadmap, are there any plans for mobile native or PWA support (not via third-party)?

2 Likes

Thanks for replying to two of my posts now of which I’ve been having a good whinge on both.

It makes me feel much better as often I just need a bit of communication to know I’m being heard.

I love bubble, in fact I wouldn’t be in Tech if it wasn’t for bubble so I really appreciate all you do and look forward to the improvements.

Really really looking forward to a new interface

The roadmap page is paused for now because the roadmap items aren’t a secret? I’m sorry, but to me this statement doesn’t make sense. Where’s the accountability?

Can we have more detail and community conversation about roadmap items so we know what we can expect?

Thank you for surfacing the missing roadmap issue @petrucho - I just noticed today that it was gone, and here I am a bit disappointed in the answer to your question of “Why?” I would also like to know how long it’s been down for if anyone knows when it was removed?

Performance and reliability have been hot discussion topics for a year or more @allenyang so with all due respect throwing those terms around without detail and definition carry’s more concern than weight at this point in my opinion.

Can we get specific open and transparent on performance and reliability please @emmanuel and @josh?

1 Like

There is no roadmap, because there is a big mountain in the way. Let’s wait until we have tunnelled our way through that, and then see what is on the other side ?

If we get a new editor, and something that makes it easier for the design-impaired to build pretty sites, along with performance and reliability improvements I will be happy.

Option Sets ( :heart_eyes:) & Airtable (so easy to set up) & DB triggers have been super helpful recently.

5 Likes

This happens when you raise money :slight_smile:

I loved bubble for being:

• transparent they were showing their revenue (not anymore) https://www.indiehackers.com/product/bubble
  • authentic: @emmanuel used to reply or get involved with the community
  • accessible: it was cheap and I was okay to pay a bit more, but now professional pricing just doubled from $69 to $115.

I guess investors didn’t like the way bubble build a profitable and friendly business :slight_smile:

PS : I still recommend bubble to my network but until when ?

1 Like

Yes I agree, I love the option sets.
I think a database set of options would also be good, like option sets but variable.
This would allow more communication between re usable elements.
I know there is plugins but I have no idea why, when re usable elements are so awesome, that they wouldn’t have a native way to pass parameters

Wrestling with this at the moment :woozy_face: “Why can’t you see THAT”.

There’s a big mountain in the way? They’re shipping a new editor so there’s no roadmap? This is no reason to not have a roadmap. Where’s the logic in this statement? Have you tried the new editor? What problems does it solve? Let’s wait until we see it? What happened to Agile Software Development and lots of customer communication? Sure I’d like a new editor, but I’d love a lot of simple enhancements and intelligent improvements to the current editor. And I’d use an even worse editor if I got better performance and reliability from my application. Shipping a new editor could be a huge product risk.