Plugin maker/editor features wishlist

Hey Bubblers,

Inspired by Faye’s thread here, I thought it would be good to start a thread of features specific to plugin making. There are some in the ideaboard but they definitely get pushed down the list by other feature requests.

Here are a few:

1. Multiple APIs in the connector
    Being able to setup more than one API in the plugin’s API connector

2. Ability to send parameters, or one object, to an event
    When triggering an event from a plugin, right now it is not possible to send data along with the event. This makes parallel processing or dealing with multiple user inputs difficult.
    For example, if a plugin tries to upload 10 files to S3 simultaneously, and has 10 events at the same time, it would be great if we can send the file name to a “file_uploaded” event, and handle each individual file in that event.

3. Ability to define custom data types in the plugin editor which will be added to any app that adds that plugin.
    For example, a plugin that uses a server-side workflow to get data from Google Calendar could define an “Event” type, which could mirror the Google Event type. Then, server-side and client-side plugin actions could define Events as an input, where the user must input an Event type.

4. Ability to query the an app’s DB directly from the plugin
    For some element type plugins that the user interacts with, we might want to search the DB of an app directly from the plugin. For example, for a searchbox plugin that has some more custom styles or slightly different functionality from the Bubble searchbox element.
    I anticipate that this could open up a lot of security risks from plugins, so not sure if this is a realistic ask.

5. Ability to set some condition for an input element to stop a button from being clickable when an “input should not be empty”, just like normal Bubble input elements

Some other threads I saw (some of whose features are already implemented):

If anyone else has any comments on these or any ideas to add, that’d be awesome.

5 Likes

Another feature requested today: ability to set some condition for an input element to stop a button from working when an “input should not be empty”, just like normal Bubble input elements.

1 Like

I second all of this.