Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

A way to tag data?

Hi everyone!

I’m looking for the best way to create a tagging system.

Ideally, it would look something like this:

1. I create the tag names
  2. When a user is creating their project page (like a listing page), there is a list of the tags.
  3. They can check all that fit.
  4. When they save/create the project, the tags they selected can be used to allow their new project to appear on those list pages.

I’m really lost. I’m able to get the user pages working when the user is adding in their own content. But I can’t figure out how on one data type I can connect it to another.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jen

Have you done the lesson about of the shopping list (list of things)? That pretty much describes what you’re looking at doing. Why don’t you do it (again, maybe) and let us know how this goes.

Thanks! I tried it again and it is close to what I’d like to do.

I can have the user generate the content, but I’m still lost on how they can select from a list of tags that I’ve already created. I can get the repeating group on the page, but can’t figure out the best way to tell Bubble which tags the user has selected.

What do you think?

Thanks again!

How about using a dropdown element?

I was just writing to say that’s what I did!

So, the great thing is that it is working if only one tag fits.

I thought there was a chance that a user would need to select more than one item and I have a work around, but it isn’t pretty. What I did was make a copy of the drop down and added each value to a list of subjects. The user could select the same one twice this way though.

Is there another way to allow for more than one that you can think of?

If it is difficult, I’m fine to leave it out for now.

Thanks so very much!

I tend to use a selectable repeating group for tags.

https://buildingonbubble.com/block/selectable-list-1470553906464x624549423891611600

1 Like

Thank @NigelG! I’m going to try it!

@NigelG

1. what does <> mean in: “unique id<>Currentcell…”?
  2. what state type did you use? text or? i can’t see the “filtered” option
  3. is there any way you could keep selected objects after page refresh?
  1. what does <> mean in: “unique id<>Currentcell…”?

<> means “not equal”. So in this case I am setting the custom state to anything that is already in the custom state that is not equal to the cell I have just clicked on.

1. what state type did you use? text or? i can’t see the “filtered” option

In this example I user a list of data types “fruit” but you could use text or anything else, it works the same.

Filtered is here …

1. is there any way you could keep selected objects after page refresh?

Not really, you could store it somewhere, like the user.

i got the logics :slight_smile: thank you for the example
“Not really, you could store it somewhere, like the user.” - i suppose only by adding it to database. For example if we are talking about a webshop, we cannot build a temp_cart but rather a temp_order right?