Add Repeated items in a list

When we add list to a thing (that was previously configured to be a list, of course), it adds only the elements that are not inside this list, making it a unique element list. However, I do need it to have repeated elements.

Example:
Data Type: Animal
Field: Animal Name (text, and a list)

I add:

• Horse (1x)
  • Panda (2x)
  • Unicorn (3x)

What I have:
Animal Name: Horse, Panda, Unicorn

What I want to have:
Animal Name: Horse, Panda, Panda, Unicorn, Unicorn, Unicorn

Is it possible? If so, what am I missing?
If it is not, any ideas to work around it?

Best regards,
Felipe

I’m having a similar problem. In my case it’s a list of other things (which are JSON objects from an external API), and I’m hoping to get some insight into how Bubble determines the ‘uniqueness’ of the items in the list…

For example, if I want to refresh data from the external API on-demand, will it add the new item if the data is changed? Or is it (somehow) only looking at certain fields to determine if the item is unique, and therefore will never add it even if changes have been made in the data?

Let me know if you found a solution!

No reply yet! :frowning: And I didnt figure out myself, so far.

It’s not possible to add the exact same value twice in a bubble list.

It depends on your use case if a work around makes sense. You could assign unique keys to those values by creating a data type “animal types”, with a field “name” and a field “key”.

You could set up a state to “watch” for when an incoming API call changes your data via a custom workflow. Your users would know when a refresh is available, as you will be watching your data, not the API.

Check out

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.