Adding credits to a user

Hi, I have a credit/virtual currency within my app and I’m trying to add credits to the current user by ‘making changes to a thing’ → ‘Current cell’s question’s creator’ from a repeating group.

In other instances, I have found a count and then added, say, 10. However, in this instance, I can’t figure out how to add to the count as that option does not appear.

In this particular example, I am trying to add 2 points to the ‘Points’ associated with that user.

Screenshot 2021-08-22 at 20.41.52

Could anyone help? Thank you!

Hi there, @julia1… the first thought that comes to mind is that you should be able to create an expression like Points = This User's Points + 2. Is that not possible?

Best…
Mike

Thanks for your reply, @mikeloc - I tried that and it doesn’t seem to be working/updating the database. I’ll have a look again to see if maybe something else is stopping that workflow to work properly.

Any chance you have a privacy rule on the User data type (maybe This User is Current User) that is getting in the way?

I don’t think so, I don’t have any Privacy rules set at all, apart from on commenting.

Screenshot 2021-08-22 at 21.03.32

Lol I think I’m going crazy - it’s so frustrating when small stuff doesn’t work!

Happy to take a look under the hood if you think a second set of eyes might help. If so, shoot a private message over with a link to your editor.

1 Like