Adding Data To Child

Hi,

Objective: To Input Data (Parent) “Goal”, owned by the logged in user, then to go to a Child Page that list the Inputed Data (Parent) “Goal” from the previous page. Then to be able to Add Input Tasks for that Goal (Text).

• Task (data type) - I added the Parent “Goal”
    Success: The Goals are going into Goal Data Base + It is automatically redirecting to the Task Page
    Issue: How do I show the imported Goal as a Heading in the Task Page + My Task Data Base is not showing any data (ie any Goals)

It sounds like you might have something like a page for a user that displays their goals in a repeating group, and the user can add a new goal on that page. A user can also click on a goal and go to a page that displays the tasks associated with that goal in a repeating group, and the user can add a new task for the goal.

If all of that is correct, then the way to show the goal as the heading on the task page is to send the Current cell's Goal in the Data to send field when you navigate to the task page. At that point, you will have access to the goal’s data on the task page for the purpose of doing things like displaying it’s name as the heading of the page and associating it with a newly created task by saving it to a field such as goal = Current Page Goal.

Does that make sense? Hope it helps!

Best…
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for your help! It is so amazing that you took the time :slight_smile: Best - Scott

1 Like