Associated data type - not showing when added from the db admin

I have a project data type that contains a task field of type task. I first create the task and then try to create a project that includes the task I created. I get success messages but when I view the record of the project the task field is blank? Do you know the reason why the task I entered doesn’t populate the db field? Screen shots included.

I am using the free version of bubble. Also, what does the add button do in the add project data type screen, which is next to the task field? I assume, you could add tasks entries here but when I try this does not add a tasks record to the database.

Thanks

Hi there, @michaeljwade2… if I understand your post correctly, it sounds like you aren’t clicking the Add button after you have selected one of the tasks, and if that is the case, well, that’s the issue. So, select a task (i.e., literally click on Buy Paint in the dropdown in your first screenshot), click the Add button, and then click the Create button to create the project. At that point, you should see the selected task show up in the newly-created project’s Tasks field.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

thanks @mikeloc . Yep, that did it! Nice to see the resulting success screens!
Thanks

1 Like