[AirDev Canvas] 7 New App Templates, Premium Pages & Modules, On-Demand Expert Help, And More!

Hi Stephanie,

how do I apply this mobile view to my current Canvas Rental Marketplace template ?

Thanks!

Hi @mannyojigbo,

You would be able to get the mobile menu page if you connect your app to https://canvas.airdev.co/ and create a page. Here’s a video demo showing you how to add a page to your app.

Thanks, seen the templates.

Just to flag a bug suspected, I think there is an issue specifically in this case, where the toggle action on a group, that inside it has a Feather Icon, its stopping the workflow action of toggling to show the groupfocus menu. Quick demo below:

bug-toggle

This was in version 1.0.13, reverting back to 1.0.11 has fixed the issue.

Any further information needed please reach out.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Stephanie,

I am working on the rental marketplace and there is a new page which calls ‘owner_new’ which gives a lot of errors and there is no mention of it in the documentation. Could you give me some info about that?

Thanks!

Hi @klaas.vanhoeck1,

Apologies for the confusion! This seems to be a bubble bug and we’re in the process of investigating it with the bubble team. In the meantime, feel free to to delete that page from your app. It is a very old page that was deleted from the template a long time ago (it was never pushed to live as part of the template). For some reason, the page started appearing in some older canvas apps yesterday. Thank you again for flagging!

@stephanie I can’t purchase Canvas:

Thanks for reporting this @alexander2 and sorry for the issue. Just now I was able to subscribe both with a real card and in the test version of the app without this happening.

If you try again to sign up and see the same issue, please send a DM and I can help you debug the issue.

Thanks again,
Chris

Hi Stephanie, I’m having the same issue for fabbulist.com. I updated to bubble version 7 and had 80 issues pop up. So if I delete the ‘owner_new’ it won’t affect any other workflow?

I though the bubble update broke the app and had to revert to 6. The issues are still there:Bubble Update Broke My App :(

Yes, please delete the page owner_new from your app. It will not affect any other workflows.

1 Like

I’ve been working with AirDev Canvas template since last week and am totally impressed with it. Amazing work!

Going to upgrade to premium! Awaiting a response to a question I had.

Thanks,
Santosh

email: santosh@n0c0de.com
twitter: https://twitter.com/n0c0de1
web: https://www.n0c0de.com (with two zeroes :wink: )

3 Likes

Hello Santosh,

What was your question and how can we help you answer it? I’ll check in with the support folks as well to see if they can send me that context.

Thanks,
Chris

Sure thing. Please see the message (screenshot below … its a bit confusing) and I just wanted to be sure that there is no restriction on my products after I subscribe to Canvas.

I basically wanted to know: I can sell templates that I develop using Canvas and also sell functionality applications that I develop using stuff from Canvas and other stuff I add on top of it.

You guys put out an amazing free template. I spent almost the whole weekend experimenting with all its options and various possibilities!

(Posted with a different Bubble account in a different Google Chrome profile, apologies)

Hello Santosh,

Thanks for clarifying. I’ll respond to your statement in bold by breaking it down into 2 parts.

I can sell templates that I develop using Canvas

Unfortunately, those terms prohibit users from re-selling Canvas assets. Bubble templates created using Canvas assets falls into that first category of selling original or modified assets from Canvas.

also sell functionality applications that I develop using stuff from Canvas and other stuff I add on top of it

If the use case is developing an application and selling that application to someone else (or some other company), Canvas is a great option. If you create an application and monetize that app, that’s also permitted by this license.

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks,
Chris

1 Like

Thanks @andersan. Clears thing up!

Just was thinking selling a template is a quick way to validate a product idea. I’ll subscribe to Canvas and use it for my product development anyways! Good stuff!

Last question, there are no restrictions of any kind on the free starter template on Bubble’s store right?

Thanks for answering my questions!

web: n0c0de
email: santosh@n0c0de.com
twitter: @n0c0de1

Hello Santosh,

The template itself also has a commercial license. Just now I had to re-read the terms and conditions on the Bubble marketplace, and I found myself quite confused, too.

As mentioned in this thread from last year, templates with Commercial licenses that cost $0 show some text in the Marketplace that suggest that they come with an Open-source license. Template and Plugin Licensing Clarification - #5 by luke2

I found the licenses for the templates by using the Google Chrome devtools on the page Templates | Bubble, since I couldn’t find it displayed anywhere else.

Sorry for the confusion here, and hope you’re still interested in using Canvas for your client projects or for your own projects.

Kind regards,
Chris

Thanks mate! It’s so confusing! I think it clarifies now!

I always assumed $0 templates were under MIT license.
Perhaps bubble should add a licensing icon to the templates page.

@emmanuel a suggestion above to simplify Bubble content :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hoping someone can help with this. I’ve reached out to Airdev and Bubble and so far no dice.

I can’t seem to figure out what’s happening with the condition (on mobile). I’ll try to recreate the steps:

1. User goes to fabulist.com (on mobile specifically)

2. Clicks the login button on the top right in the navigation menu

3. User enters in [username] and [password]

4. Click on login

5. User should be redirected to their dashboard. User should be able to see a hamburger menu that exposes the rest of the sidebar options in the dashboard on mobile but instead, you only see the “my bookings” page with no way to access the rest of the elements in the dashboard (see the screenshots attached labeled as before, versus current)

So instead of seeing screenshots 1 & 2, they’re seeing screenshot 3 (i.e. hamburger menu is no longer visible on mobile at all). The affected element is group portal menu. I’ve cross-referenced with a copy of the template and the condition matches what was there before - "Current page width <= 1111 and header’s portal’s page? is “yes” (which should be correct)

If I remove the condition, it still doesn’t work. A few of our users can’t use the app on their phones because of this

@vlad @stephanie any way someone on the team can help with this?

@mannyojigbo Thank you, just DMed you. We would need you to share your app with us in order to debug this.