Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

🔎 Algolia Search V2.0 - Major Plugin Update from Zeroqode

@ZeroqodeSupport , any update on this?

Hey @ZeroqodeSupport ,

Looking into the plugin and was wondering if there was a way to auto-update the Algolia records whenever the Bubble DB gets updated? I know the native integration states it can do this but would prefer to use your plugin (and not upgrade to the Pro tier).

We’ll be doing a bunch of CSV uploads to the Bubble DB and I’m trying to workout how that data gets transferred to Algolia? i.e do we have to update it manually in both Bubble and Algolia, run a workflow, etc…

Hello @andrewmccalister,
Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, this plugin is only dedicated to searching through the Algolia Database but not Bubble Database. Since the plugin works on the Algolia side, it has to be transferred manually. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

I actually ended up building a solution that works as expected.

Backend workflow on a database trigger, when a new item is added I use the the ‘Add Object’ action.

MOFO-MAVEN___Bubble_Editor

1 Like

I’m having some issues with filtering data, I was following your docs here (Algolia Search V2.0 Plugin for Bubble).

When the ‘filters’ is left blank search is working as expected (see products listed):

But when I hardcode a filter in to test nothing shows up: see the Manufacturer filter, search results and Algolia set up…

Filter:

Results:

Algolia data:

Algolia Attributes for faceting:

Hello @andrewmccalister,

Could you please try to remove the space in the “filters” field and give it another try? For example:

image (4)

In your case, it should be ‘Manufacturer’: ‘Memo Furniture’

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport, thanks for the advice, your formatting works, but I think it was actually an Algolia set up issue,

I’ve run into a few other issues with the filters, if you could help:

Doing one filter whether it is numeric or text works great, however, when I try and combine them, it fails (the search returns the incorrect or no results). Is my formatting incorrect?:

Also, when I try and search by Array it doesn’t work at all. E.g I want to send an array to Algolia for it to cross compare again the item in my index. Can you advise on how to format it ( I had a look at your docs but it didn’t specify the format required). Some that I’ve tried:

Hello, @andrewmccalister
Thanks for all these details.

In order to provide you with a more precise answer, we need to consult with our Development Team.
It seems like the issue is related to the way you filtering the data.

We will revert with an update as soon as will discuss with our team.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport , thanks.

FYI - I solved the tag issue by setting it up as follows:

, which equates to:
MOFO-MAVEN

However, I still have issues when I try and combine multiple filters in the filter box, like so:
, which sets up as so:
MOFO-MAVEN

For anyone interested, I had to go far deeper to get a more complex filter to work…

There were actually three things causing issues:

1. You can’t send a filter with an empty parameter (i.e Manufacturer: “”)
  2. For Attributes with a space (’ ') in the name, you need to put the attribute name in “”. e.g an Attribute named List Price needs to be added to the Filter as “List Price”.
  3. You can’t have Boolean operators (AND) not attached to an Attribute. “Manufacturer”: “Mfr_1” AND “List Price” < 5000 will work but “Manufacturer”: “Mfr_1” AND will not work.

This all means that having dynamic filtering takes more thought.

I set it up such that an Attribute is only included in the Filter if a user has chosen to filter the RG by that Attribute (meaning it exists in a custom state and has a value) - via :format as text for a list or :find & replace for a single item. I combined that with conditionals so there was never an ‘AND’ without an associated Attribute.

1 Like

Hello, @andrewmccalister
Thanks a lot for this useful information.

From our side, we are also checking if that possible to combine the multiple filters on the plugin’s side.
Once we will find any solution, we will let you know.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hey all,

By this message, we would like to notify you that we have updated the plugin and added new action ’ Save Objects’.
Please update the plugin to Version: 3.31.0. and try it.

I hope you’ll find it useful for you.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

@ZeroqodeSupport

I’m trying to figure out, if it’s possible to restrict access to data using this plugin?

I understand that for many use cases, this is irrelevant, but I do think that this would result in added value to your plugin.

I’d certainly would be interested in taking advantage of this :+1:

Reference to Algolia documentation: User-restricted access to data | Algolia

Hi @bryanrcosta,
Thank you for your message.

Let us please check with the dev team regarding the User-restricted access to data
and get back to you, to let you know if the Plugin allows that already or if it’s an improvement to look at in the future.

If you require any further information, let us know.
Best regards, :slightly_smiling_face:
Zeroqode Support Team.