Alternatives to GoNative?

Hey everyone,

anyone tried out any alternative to GoNative or Phonegap Build?
I definitely want to use a full service solution as I have a project deadline and no experience with UIWebView/WKWebView stuff.

Anyone tried out WeSetupYourWebViewApp?
Looks good for me, any experiences? Do they deliver what they promise?

Thanks a lot & best regards
Jim :slight_smile:

Hi, i tested dropsource.
Its a good alternative for GoNative (in my opinion better prices)

Good luck :wink:
Keep bubbling.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your fast answer, @yusaney1! I will take a look on this but I dislike this 40$ per month Premium project policy as I just need the source code as a one-time issue. Thanks & keep bubbling too :slight_smile:

If you search the forums there are multiple solutions out there already to wrap a bubble app.

I agree a dropsource app would perform better buy keep in mind that it’s a high probability dropsource does not have the feature set you need to build your app. Make sure before you start building into a corner.

Lots will happen here in the coming months.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I will try out WeSetupYourWebViewApp & report what I think.

A short review: It worked quite well. Took about 2,5 hours for them to send me the Android/iOS source code. Submitted it & Apple approved within 24 hours. Looking forward for other reviews and/or exchange about solutions on WebView wrappers. :slight_smile:

@jim89 It would be nice to know if you are affiliated with WeSetupYourWebViewApp, this is your first post and it gives me a salesy feeling. I have no problem with promoting products helping us bubblers, but please be clear if affiliated so users know how do concider your post.

Would you share the app with us when you have it on the app store? Would be nice to test.

2 Likes

I think you are right! This is a sales pitch.

But you have 0 control of your app. You have to depend on that wesetupyourwebviewapp. Its not a point atleast for me

1 Like

@jim89 Not trying to be hostile, and we will probably not be deleting the post. Just please make a disclaimer in both posts that you are affiliated with the service, if you are.

Given that @jim89 has only posted on the forums promoting that service, I could see how some people might label this thread as advertising.

That said, we should keep it around. From a business perspective, you’ve got to give this guy some serious credit for his creative sales efforts:

• Propose a ‘question’ around his service’s use case, challenging a competing product
  • Followup with another question and seed his proposed service…without directly promoting it
  • ‘Review’ his own service…complete with praise
  • Mark his own response as a solution to his original question
  • Propose an open-ended question for recommendations on alternative products as to disable any challenging haters while acquiring additional market research from the relevant niche vertical

Not my personal style of marketing, but well done! Seriously, very clever.

Hey there! :slight_smile: No I am definitely NOT affiliated with any service mentioned here, whether it’s GoNative, Phonegap or WeSetupYourWebViewApp. I did not post any affiliate links either, I was just asking for any experience reviews. I am sorry if people feel offended or disliking the style of question.
Sure, I will send you a link via PM :slight_smile:

It was more the style of how you asked the question with suggesting a solution on your first post. It would be great if you can share the link in PM to me if you dont want share it publicly.

Also peeps: Free custom WKwebview cordova builds can be done. Should be as performant as the one suggested above.

They switched the plan to 999usd per year as only option. Expensive.