Any way to get the height of a repeating group responsive?

Hi! I’m looking for a way to get my repeating group height responsive. I’ve found a similar thread here: http://forum.bubble.io/t/how-to-make-repeating-group-height-dynamic-to-fit-screen-resolution/ but it does not mention a solution which is 100% working. Is there anyone who found a different way to do this?

@levon Can I use the Zeroqode dynamic width/height plugin for a repeating group?

1 Like

Ya, I was able to do this by adding a group that I made invisible and collapse when hidden, you can also do that with text now. That worked for me. Is that what you were looking for?

yes, you can, but it will work only with repeating groups of fixed size (for example vertical scrolling or full list) it will conflict if you use it with extended scrolling for example.

@J805 Hmm… Can you explain this solution further? Sounds interesting, although I have no idea how to implement this.

Sure. So here I have a repeating group that would normally take up the whole page when there is more data but it is shrunk down because of this group I added that is not visible on page load and collapses when hidden. See the red box that is technically where I added the group. If you need more pics, later I can give you a pic of my editor so you can see exactly what I did.

1 Like

Would love to see editor-side screenshots. Thanks Jason!

Ok, let me see what I can do.

This is what the final product looks like, it make the repeating group vary in size.

Here is the screen shot of the editor. I have added colors to try to make it more clear what is going on.

I can share the editor if need be too so you can take a look.

1 Like

Here you can view the editor so you can see on the backend what I did. Hope this helps.

1 Like

could you set the page width to not be fixed so that we could see the responsiveness?

Ok, well, it wasn’t made for width responsiveness, but hey, since it will probably help you out, I just changed it to be responsive width as well. Take a look.

Thanks for that…sorry as well since I was thinking this was about responsive to the screen size.

This was interesting to look at as it is completely counter intuitive as it seems weird that the repeating group will get smaller because of a hidden element placed inside set to collapse when hidden.

Ya, it takes a bit to wrap your head around it. :slight_smile: