Anyone have a few minutes to walk me through an API integration?

I’m trying to recreate the Giphy API integration tutorial but using Clearbit instead, just to make sure I understand the material and I’m not having a ton of luck. Here’s how I have it set up:

Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong here? I would really appreciate a hand. :wave:

Check when you validated the API in the API plugin you selected the right types

Simon

Unfortunately there’s nothing here to check:

Here’s a link to the plugin:

FWIW, I can get the plugin to populate the image with the API response, I’m just unable to get it to display in the repeating group.

Can you share a link to the editor and I will take a look

Simon

1 Like

Hey Simon,

That’s kind of you, thanks.

Here’s the link: https://bubble.io/page?name=index&id=1testingsadhksj&tab=tabs-1

There you go - the Logo call is for a single image so will not work in a repeating group because that expects a list. I changed this on the right to be a single image with an input for the domain name - stick in google.com to test.

The left finds animated gifts based on the search box input - put in smiley to test.

Simon

1 Like

Ah wow, ok, I didn’t realize the API call would return a value that would be constrained by the type of group it is being displayed in.

I knew it was probably simple, but I’m surprised how simple it ended up being! Thanks again for your help. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.