API Connector - Linkedin - Login Redirect due to Linkedin Native App in phone

I have successfully integrated Linkedin through API connector with scopes, r_liteprofile, r_member_social, r_emailaddress, and successfully able to login new users, and generating new posts from my app and posting it directly on users linkedin feed,

However in iOS when user tries to Login with Linkedin, it opens Native iOS Linkedin app instead of Oauth login on the same page.
when we delete the native app things are normal.

Also it shows this message

and if we press continue than bubble linkedin Login is directed to Native app, and if we hit Cancel Oauth works fine.

Is there anybody who faced the same problem? or this could be a bug.
looking for help @philledille @J805 @NigelG @mishav

1 Like

Hey @technoswift :wave:

I think I have this problem in other apps as well, even the ones not built on Bubble. It’s pretty frustrating for sure. If I can find anything on the topic, I will send it your way. :blush:

thanks @J805

To have “LOGIN WITH LINKEDIN” working properly, user should delete or not have the Linkedin Native app

Hope we find a way for this.

I wonder if it has something to do with how the request is being made to open LinkedIn. Is there a difference between opening in app and opening in browser? Maybe a different process?

So maybe bubble Login with LinkedIn looks for LinkedIn token in browser and native app is activated with same LinkedIn token.

I found same questions being asked on stackexchange

Hoping we get an answer for this

1 Like

I found this post - Steps to Simplify LinkedIn Sign In using OAuth 2.0 Update on iOS Apps
and realised the problem is using the API connector. I think if we do the oauth dance outside of the API connector then it will work. I’ve done that in other plugins when I found the API connector just wouldn’t work.

The problem is it is very nice to use the API connector and get the Social Login capability - all we really want is it to work for IOS with the Linkedin app installed. So I am pondering if the best world is something like -

• if it is not IOS use the API connector and get the Social Login capability
  • if it is IOS (or we somehow detect we know it will fail) fall back to a manual Oauth dance, and use manual API calls.

So I think I will be able to fix this plugin https://linkedin-plugin-demo.bubbleapps.io/version-test to deal with it with this annoyance. It wouldn’t be too difficult for Linkedin to fix - just have an Oauth endpoint that wasn’t registered as a deep link with Apple. Oh well.