API rate limit handler feature request

With the rise of AI, API integrations are on almost every new app. However, most API services have API rate limits and in Bubble we don’t have a tool that helps us handle that.

Creating our own API scheduler is a very complex task to do in Bubble, its basically guaranteed that a Bubble newbie won’t be able to do that, so they will start building API integrations with a wrong architecture from day 1.

It would be extremely useful for Bubble to add a native API rate limit handling solution into its API connector plugin, considering different API rate limits types like max calls per x (number of): milliseconds, seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, etc.

This is a quick example of what I have in mind:

Some times api keys are not in headers so this should be offered as an option for api keys in parameters as well.

Vote for this feature request here

4 Likes

It would be nice to be able to divide the scheduler into different funnels that run in sequence but it’s a fairly narrow use case and you can resolve your issue natively:

Thanks for the tip, I have indeed built a scheduler natively.

What I say is that it is a complex task, definitely not for beginners, it also feels very inefficient to be building it over and over for each new app you build.

Probably its much easier to build the queue system with code, so Bubble could just code a solution for that and offer rate limit handling capabilities natively in its API connector.

I just added a sample image of the idea to the first post of this thread.

If you have any more ideas please share them.