API Workflow on a list - Issue

Hello!
I have a table of Translation Jobs, each one with one target Language:

I want to add a unique Batch Name to each job with the same target Language:

I am trying to proceed with an API Workflow on a list:

How can I make changes on a list of things while grouping them by language (dynamically search as I don’t want to indicate them). I am going the wrong direction…

Thank you for your help!

Philippe

I think you might be getting a bit confused here.

There is a difference between scheduling an API on a list (the API will run mulitple times, once for each element on the list) & scheduling an API that takes a list as input (the api will run once, and will make changes to entire list)
You are trying to do both at the same time, which wont work.

You are also doing more searches in the API itself for some reason… no need to do that. And a nested search too?? :fearful:

If the list you are dealing with is small (<100 elements) then you should schedule an API that takes a list as input.

Add an Input field on your API and set it to a list of projects.
Instead of using ‘schedule an API on a list’, just use the ‘Schedule an API workflow’
In the input, put your Search for Translations. Put the search constraint (Batch name is empty) in this search.
In the Api workflow itself, you can use Make change to a list of things on the Inputted list. Don’t do another search. (note: Dont use Make change to list on lists longer than 100)
Set Batch Name= BATCH ThisTranslationJob: language. Nothing Fancy.

Thank you for your reply !
Thanks again Nico.
Philippe

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.