Apply a max width when the page is stretched

Hi all !

I am new on bubble and I am currently learning how to use this amazing tool with very well-made tutorial on youtube. But the videos were made three years ago and unless I am mistaken Bubble has been updatetd since.

I am facing a problem and despite my research I could not find any answer, when I am creating an element, I cannot find the function “Apply a max width when the page is stretched” neither the ones displayes on the screenshot below… this is annoying because I noticed that all teachers use it to make the application responsive.

For notice, I am currently using the free version of Bubble right now.
Can anyone help me plese :slight_smile:
Thank you

You are looking tutorials for old responsive engine, try to find something more recent

Hi Swanin!

Welcome to Bubble.

When you add the element…

• Double-click on it and then go to Layout.
    Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 12.38.54 PM

• For Container layout, select “Column” from the drop-down.

• Scroll down a bit and uncheck Make this element fixed width.
    Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 12.39.17 PM

• Then input your desired max-width.

Hi and thank you for the tip !

Do you have any tutorial to recommend please ?

Hello and thank you very much for your tuime and swift answer !

I’ve tried to follow your instructions but unfortunately it seems that I don’t have the same thing on my desktop, I dont see any option “Make this element fixed with” eventhough I select “Column” int the container layout dropdown, please see the screenshot below…

Is there anything to do ? I am sorry I just started bublle so I still have much things to learn.

Thank you

Swan

Your parent container is currently Fixed.

Click where it says edit, beside Parent container type. Change that to Column as well.