Autobinding with Airtable?

Hi all - I’m getting the following error when trying to autobind:

My data is stored in Airtable, so I’m wondering if that’s the issue. I know at launch Bubble blocked AirTable autobinding, but I was wondering if anyone had more up to date information on whether they have added it yet? Because if so, I might have some other issue. Thank you!

Hi. Only question I have is why you want to store your data in AirTable.

Eventually we will move to postgres, but at our current scale AirTable has actually been a fantastic and extensible solution for our needs in our backend database for the past year. Either way, I don’t foresee us moving to Bubble tables, so the issue still stands, unless they allow autobinding with postgres?

bubble tables are much better than airtable, no?

We experimented with bubble tables, but they lacked a great deal of the functionality that have made AirTable effective for us in accelerating our development. Our platform currently has to coordinate between Qualtrics, Make, Klaviyo, and Bubble. We experimented with Bubble tables, AirTable, postgres, and a few other solutions. Ultimately what we found was:

• postgres is best for long-term extensibility
  • AirTable allows much faster testing and iteration, because we can edit entries directly

We’re a startup with only a few folks, so AT has helped a lot with building out this far, over the past 18 months or so. Once we have more capital and can afford a full time person devoted solely to database management, we will move to postgres.

1 Like