Autonumbering Help Needed Please

Im trying to achieve auto numbering of pages as they are loaded. for example, if i load a page for the first time , the number should be P001 and if i load it a second time, the number should be P002.

Also im trying to create automatic numbering for a list of items such that as items are added, the serial number corresponds to the position of the item in the table for example when item one is added it picks serial number 1 and when item two is added it should pick serial number 2. This should be limited to one page and should always start at one once a page is loaded.

How can i achieve this? I really need help. Thanks so much

Thank you so so much

You’ll have better luck getting help if you share a link to the Editor and some screenshots. Hard to understand your use cases here without looking at the data and the desired UI.

Im trying to achieve auto numbering of pages as they are loaded. for example, if i load a page for the first time , the number should be P001 and if i load it a second time, the number should be P002.

Create a number field for Current User, and create a workflow on the page load to increment it to +1 each time the page loads.
Then add the P and the zeroes to the text element that displays the value of that field on the current page.

Also im trying to create automatic numbering for a list of items such that as items are added, the serial number corresponds to the position of the item in the table for example when item one is added it picks serial number 1 and when item two is added it should pick serial number 2. This should be limited to one page and should always start at one once a page is loaded.

Create a number field for each item, and every time you create a new item of that type, create a workflow to search the item with the max value of the number field, and increment it to +1.

But the task is quite abstract, so @djwideman is correct so suggest that a bigger picture here is necessary.
My advices are just getting exactly what you said done, without understanding why exactly you need that :slight_smile:

Vlad.

GM at Bubblewits - #1 no-code developer

https://zeroqode.com – a place to buy Bubble templates for UI Kits, clone apps, dashboards, landing pages and much more
https://iambubble.com - one page Bubble demo
http://builtwithoutcode.com/ - Collection of apps built on Bubble

Thanks so much for the explanation. I have a sample of the app below

The Text element is to show the autonumber combination n page load
the repeating group should show things added using the add button and include their unique serial for example first item added should have serial number 1 etc

@adunniola I’m poking around in the editor. Three questions:

1. What are you trying to accomplish with page numbering? This is atypical UX for a webapp. As a user, I expect to go to the orders screen, and keep entering products and quantities all on the same page. If I reload the orders page, I expect it to show all my current orders, so no need to show me an incremented page number. What am I missing?

2. Will there be a preset list of products the user can choose from? Or did you really mean for the order input to be free text so the user can type in whatever they want?

3. For the order unique id, do you want the invoice number to start at 1 and then increment for each user, or are you looking to create order ids that are unique across the entire system, so they can be uniquely referenced? So, if you have John and Jane, can they both have an order with id=1? Or if John orders today, his order is #1, and Jane orders tomorrow, so her order is #2, etc.?

Hi djwideman

1. Im trying to have an order number for each set of orders which should be automatically populated so there are no errors. For example when i load the order page for the first time the order number should be SO001 and when i load the order page again after completing my initial order the order number should be SO002

2. There will be a preset list of products

3,Or if John orders today, his order is #1, and Jane orders tomorrow, so her order is #2, etc.? - this is exactly what i want to achieve with the page numbering im talking about in my response to your first question

So the scenario is that i open an order for jane and the order number is SO01. This order has multiple items each item has a unique serial number beginning from 1. If i open a second order for john then the order number will be SO02 while the unique serial for the items in the order begin from 1 again

Thats what im trying to achieve

Thanks so much

@adunniola ok, think I got the spirit of it. Have a look at this page. You’ll need to log in:

You can click the logout button, and login as a different user (email: test1@test.com, pwd: test). You’ll see when you create a new order the S00xxx order number gets incremented globally, while the item #s in the order restart at 1 for each new order.

I had to change your data structure, play around and have a look at the data tab and the order-test page in the Editor. Happy to answer any questions.

Omg!!! Thank you sooooooo much i appreciate you!!! This really helped me and ive now been able to achieve what i wanted to and more because i noticed that you had some animation which i have not utilized at all so not only did you help solve my problem i learnt from you
Thank you so much really appreciate it

1 Like

Happy this was helpful! Let me know how the app turns out. Cheers.

1 Like

Hi djwideman,

Many Thanks for your help. Any ide how i can add conversions to my sales order and update a conversion totals table? Thanks so much

What do you mean by conversions? Sub totals? Currency conversions?

Hi i mean product conversions like pieces , cases etc

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.