BDK Native Apps - Build before you buy

I received too !

Setting up Onesignal for Android

Gaurav told me awhile back he stepped back from the forum because itā€™s hard to keep track of threads. He uses his support chat on thebdk.com. Heā€™s been relatively responsive there

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Have any of you who own a BDK application received this email from google console?
ā€œYour developer account may be closed, as it is not being usedā€.

Basically it asks me to put a new version of my application to keep my developer account up to date.

But unfortunately I canā€™t do that without Gaurav, can I?

1 Like

indeed, a new version means a new build and a new build means that it is Gaurav who can do it

Iā€™m getting this same message, but Gauravā€™s website isnā€™t accepting rebuild orders due to a Stripe error. Iā€™ve been emailing Gaurav for two weeks, but there has been no response.

Anyone know how to get in touch with Gaurav???

1 Like

Hey @aj11,

I heard through the grapevine that Gaurav has some personal things in life that exceeds Bubble for now, so getting in contact or updates may not be a thing for a while. Donā€™t want to say he wonā€™t get back to you, but wanted to let you know what Iā€™ve heard myself. I have also heard that the only support he usually provides is through the site itself (but could different now).

As far as updates/issues go, youā€™re pretty much locked in until he gets back. Your best bet would be to start thinking of alternative solutions where youā€™re not locked in to a specific app/plugin to incorporate a Native Application.

1 Like

Ugh Iā€™m just trying to hang on until the Bubble mobile app solution is out. Really donā€™t want to have to rebuild with a new wrapper only to use it for 3-6 months.

2 Likes

@GH5T I was able to fix it. I was able to publish an ā€œapp updateā€ rather than a full new version. Not sure exactly how to do it, but Google Play was prompting me to update to patch some deep link issue, so I just clicked through the prompt to publish the update. When it was approved the dormant account warning went away.

1 Like

Search for build natively. Great support and just works

I have two weeks left before my google developper account is blocked and my application deletedā€¦ I just need a rebuild from gauravā€¦

1 Like

did you manage to update without a new bundle?

1 Like

It appears the Native App Preview in Testflight has now expired and I am unable to test my BDK app. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to get in contact with Gaurav?

2 Likes

Build natively, works great, good support

Same here, unable to access my BDK account

1 Like

Yeah but for $400 $600 per year thats pretty insane.

Same here, says beta isnā€™t accepting any new testers right now. Hopefully they just need to update something to get it back upā€¦

I find it insane that you pay for something, put work in integrating something and then need to use the forum in hoping to find a solution or else your app is dead.

And you are 100% guaranteeing that this would never happen with Natively? This is the risk that happens with any platform and having to use 3rd party tools. They can always disappear or stop working.

Hopefully Bubble native will release in the next few months and we wont have to worry about it anymore.

Hey everyone,

I was on a break until July 14 for some once-in-a-lifetime type of personal thing which is now wrapped up nicely. Meanwhile I had set an automated response set up in chat as well last week. Looks like that didnā€™t get fired. Back to work will full force now.

As a priority, got back to processing the backlog of builds since yesterday and already through 60% of it.

As for the bdk app itself, Iā€™ve updated it to a new version, which is under beta review by apple. Itā€™s taking longer for them than usual. Iā€™m expecting an approval within the next 10-12 hours from them (based on past patterns). Please note that other than the preview mode, everything else including creating projects etc. can be done via the BDK Native bubble web app which is the same.

Once apple approves it should automatically become available on testflight. Generally testers are notified by apple via email as well. Regardless Iā€™ll drop a note here on this thread too. You simply need to open the testflight app on your iOS device and click update on the bdk app. Alternatively, you can go to https://thebdk.page.link/install and follow the steps there.

10 Likes

Welcome back! We missed you! <3

3 Likes