Bubble Boost Day preview! (July 15–16)

You can use Toolbox to do this pretty easily. Multi-line user input - Allow an option for "Enter" to send - #4 by adrienlong1

1 Like

In addition to George’s response, the dynamic expression in the screenshot below should also work (the arbitrary text contains the ‘Enter’):

1 Like

@lindsay.esterman It would be great if Bubble provides a Last Active value for the User datatype by default, as it already does for Email, Created Date and Modified Date.

I know this can be achieved by having a date and time field under a user and updating it with current date and time after every action, but this is cumbersome and can become a WU and performance issue.

It would also be helpful if Bubble provides a way for us to know if a user is on a browser tab the app is loaded on. This way, coupled with the above, we can know if a user is actively using the app, in a native and performant way.

I would not consider using ‘Do every X seconds’ or updating a date and time field under a user after every workflow action for reasons stated above.

Using a plugin would have been a great interim alternative but the only seemingly reliable plugin which achieved this feature is now dead, which further emphasizes the need for this feature 🆕 [NEW PLUGIN] Online Tracker | Easily retrieve currently online users and active status - #27 by sniphairmail

This feature can be a huge boost for many apps across Bubble, specially enterprise apps for security and record keeping purposes.

2 Likes

Super easy one

-add replace the element type to the element tree, currently can only select from the canvas
-add to Group Elements In → repeating group, currently I group and then convert. I do this a lot

1 Like

Small quality of life improvements i’d love to see implemented.

1. Allow selection of multiple workflow actions at once for copy and pasting.

2. Fix dropdown menus. Allow the ‘space’ to be given a name on dropdown menus such as “all” or “any”. also fix the Safari inconsistencies such as how it shows the placeholder as a pre-ticked value.

3. assignable key-commands for pages - for fast switching between different pages.

4. remember a pages layout so when you navigate away then back to it you don’t have to go through the ‘show children’ steps each time.

5. if deleting an entire datatype table ask “Are you sure” or allow undoing!

Conditionals allowed on ‘return data from custom events’ would be super useful for more advanced calculations!

2 Likes

ICYMI:

1 Like

Thanks @davidb . Will check it out, but my preference is always for native functionality to avoid using too many plugins in my apps.

1 Like

@lindsay.esterman On the navigation go to workflow action when setting a parameter, would be great to have the ability to set the parameter key dynamically. Often when building the use of option sets for all URL parameters used in the application are helpful, but they can only be used when doing the Get data from URL extraction, as we can not set the URL parameter key dynamically in the navigation go to page action. Having the ability to set those dynamically will make things a lot easier as we wouldn’t need to check the parameter key values we use in the option set, avoid making mistakes etc.

Also, please expose the :converted to list operator for more than just custom data types and options sets…if I want to set a text value and convert that to list I can not…without this feature there are ridiculous hoops we need to jump through to add a single text value to a list of texts that are shown in a repeating group set to content type text…same goes for numbers, dates, address.

2 Likes

Horizontal scrollbar in Element tree pls

1 Like

So many good suggestions by power users here but I think Bubble already has the list set on what they are working on.

Hope we don’t end up disappointed/falling short of high expectations here :crossed_fingers:

Hi @lindsay.esterman , Is there going to be a Youtube live or a zoom this week? Can’t wait to see the previews/updates. Thank you!

1 Like

I’m not sure if this event will actually happen.

3 Likes

Maybe we’ll see something tomorrow?

well actually this post wasn’t asking for what we wanted the most but more like a teaser for quality of life improvements they were launching soon lol, i hope the things we mentioned will be tackled in the future

Boost day is the name of an internal hackathon. There’s no livestream or event.

1 Like

This is actually happening

Ah I’m late but ability to inspect parameters on a reuseable element similar to what you can do with datasource

1 Like

And another

Please let us label conditions on the conditions tab

2 Likes

Another one, make sure that the tabindex of the elements we interact with in the editor is correct.

For instance, when I create a new field, provide a field name and use tab next, the cursor/focus goes to the address bar. Ideally it should go to ‘Field type’ and afterwards to the create button. I am super cereal about this.

1 Like