Bubble Boost Day preview! (July 15–16)

Hi all,

I’m Lindsay, a PM for the summer here at Bubble, and I’m excited to announce that Bubble Boost Day is happening next week! :tada: Thanks to everyone for helping us choose the name!

The goal of this event is to tackle some of the quality of life improvements you’ve requested. Earlier this year, we launched something similar and we were thrilled to release more than two dozen updates!

This time around, we’re giving you an early look at the areas we’re focusing on. Expect enhancements in the property editor, default element settings, highly requested hotkeys, data tab, and more. Here are a few that we’re particularly excited about:

• Hotkey to jump into dynamic data expressions
  • Decreasing the default width for more elements
  • Graying rows upon hover on data tab
  • Auto-drop a pasted element below the selected element (not the bottom of the group)
  • Ability to resize the app search tool and merge conflicts window

We have a long list of items we’ve scoped, and while we might not get to everything, we’re excited about doing this more regularly. Can’t wait to share more next week!

Lindsay

47 Likes

Yeah, these are much needed. :raised_hands: We have also been upvoting on the IdeaBoard the ideas from here to try to get more attention on these items: Quality of Life Improvements - Add Items from the IdeaBoard Here to UpVote 🎉

8 Likes

Please consider creating a “download all checked” option in the File Manager to allow us to select multiple files for download at once. Currently I create a monthly backup of all files uploaded to my App’s S3 bucket but it is an extremely tedious process doing it one file at a time!

2 Likes

Great news! As much as the big features are exciting to hold out for, the smaller QOL updates really can make a big difference too in the day to day, looking forward to it.

7 Likes

Isn’t live version is no. :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Is live version

13 Likes

This…Please :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Can we get a “change which field” on the Link element which allows us to dynamically specify the name of an internal page we’re navigating to?

Using the External page option ans putting a link to an internal page is a workaround. Howevwr this triggers a hard refresh, and a slower page change time than using the internal page option.
Internal page changes are much much faster.

Links reallly need a buff, because they are necessary for seo and for right-click open in new tab.

7 Likes

It would break my brain going back and changing this everywhere I have it setup if they fixed this :exploding_head:

2 Likes

They can simply rename it to “Is test version”. That way we wouldn’t have to change anything and it still would be easier to understand.

8 Likes

lmaoo its crazy that is 2024 and they didnt changed that yet

4 Likes

Very good and thanks. We need app states/global variables please.

Idea table - Global variables / App states | Bubble

Please upvote if you’re seeing this :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

Option sets are useful for this, having an option set called Placeholder where you can store data of any field type in the attributes. Data type works if it needs to be admin editable

Last time I checked, option sets are pre filled. Also the place of App variables are quite different from your fix.

It would be so useful to have a ‘Create reminder at next deployment’ feature. It would just be a list of texts that can be saved in development branches, and whenever a deployment to live happens a popup would appear and display these reminders, which can then be marked as complete or left for future deployments.

Please!
Too many times i have forgotten to update the live database or populate new tables created in development. Oftentimes some workflows need to be triggered as soon as deployment happens, and it’s way too easy to forget to do so. This can often lead to really critical bugs.

7 Likes

can we please PLEASE add something to the list?
Allow me to use the arrow keys + enter to select Workflow actions.

Doable right? I’ve been asking for this for years now.

9 Likes

Can you please add “Formatted as text” but for other data types besides just text?

9 Likes

dark mode :smiley:

3 Likes

Yesss this would reduce needing an extra step in workflows. Would be huge.

1 Like

Absolutely! It’s a struggle to use Bubble at night.