Bubble down - Please help us out [ URGENT]

Seems that bubble is offline again. Guys, please, can someone help with this?

@emmanuel @kate.mcnally @grace.hong @sam.morgan

7 Likes

It’s honestly very concerning no one from bubble is willing to communicate here.

4 Likes

I dunno, they have a status page for a reason. I don’t need some customer service rep on here who doesn’t know anything about the issue trying to tell me everything will be ok in a minute.

6 Likes

It’s really frustating. I’m having more than 50 users reporting a bug and I’ve no way to say nothing, once that no one from Bubble is willing to communicate.

5 Likes

Someone in the forum have communication with a relevant person inside bubble that could help us understand what have been happening? I mean, should we definitely starting change from bubble to another alternative?

6 Likes

Uptime percent of less than 99.5 is dismal. Can’t continue on like this, especially with what they’re charging.

5 Likes

@mikeloc maybe merge this with the existing thread?

2 Likes

any suggestions for another alternative?

2 Likes

Won’t be long :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Can we get one post mortem this year? I do not want to get a May Update for “A.I” features… I wanna hear about uptime / downtime

8 Likes

Right when I had a client call, Bubble went down! Please help!

2 Likes

Hello bubble team!

What I should do with more than 100 unhappy customers in last hour?

4 Likes

Ohhh sick, bro, I understand exactly your feeling.

1 Like

Trying to grow to move to dedicated, can’t grow as our reputation gets affected by this :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Sorry to put this way, this is in now way an attack on you.

But I don’t think Bubble team should worry about our customers. They should worry about us.
As developers that deal with clients we need to know how to address issues that will come up.

That’s part of the job. Everyone of us must have contingencies in place for this

2 Likes

Hi Stefano, I have only launched my app in the last few months. But businesses rely upon it to perform all job management and invoicing. What contingencies do you have in place for these kind of events?

I think we are back!

4 Likes

us too

2 Likes

Any ideas to do something relevant to encourage bubble to speak about?

3 Likes

BUBBLE IS ONLINE AGAIN - BUT, I still need a feedback. It’s annoying to be in this situation. Doesn’t matter if it’s solved, because NOW my only feeling is: "When will be the next time and why? There will be anyone from Bubble to talk about it?

@emmanuel

6 Likes