Bubble editor perfomance

Recently I started to notice after hour of working in bubble editor it’s starting working slowly and slowly, workflows stops to edit, pages loads forever and etc.
I have max 10 tabs opened, pc spect should be enouth to run bubble.
If I reopen browser it’s start working fine, but after an hour everything repeats.

Does anyone faces this problems as well?

1 Like

I have the same problem. After a while, I have to reopen the browser.

Hey there @Efe and @sat_miha :wave:

I used to have this problem as well. Two main reasons why this was happening to me.

1. I didn’t have enough memory on my computer.

2. I was using Safari.

Now I don’t have those problems anymore.

How much memory do you have and what browser do you use?

1 Like

Hey @J805,

My computer has 16GB Ram and I am using Google Chrome.

Hmm, I would have thought 16GB of ram would be enough. I have 32GB and it’s very smooth. What sort of processor do you have? Is your computer older or newer?

By the way, I can do my job without reopen my browser. It’s just slowing down. I have this problem after 4-5 hours of work. Usually, when I open the plugin page, the memory fills up significantly.

@J805 I have been using my computer for 2 years and I have a powerful processor.

1 Like

Ok. 4-5 hours isn’t bad. I thought you were at an hour too.

I think 4-5 hours is expected, for 16GB, since bubble pushes updates throughout the day. I think if you don’t refresh your page after an update it could end up slowing down your project. Just a theory.

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
  • No-Code Classes

I have the same as Efe 16 gb, I tried different browser it does not really matter, did upgraded to 32gb?

Chrome likes to have 16GB for breakfast. Then a light snack of 4GB before eating up another 10 for lunch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm. Did it just start happening recently? Do you know when it started?

“Update” - do you mean deploy on live?

:smiley:

Thats right! But it has great extensions.

1 Like

I mean, Bubble pushes updates to all of our editors/pages multiple times a day. To fix bugs and make changes. They do that without us doing anything.

That’s why they break my live app sometimes and have to make a bug report, even when I haven’t touched my app in months.

1 Like

I did not know that. Thank you!

1 Like

Yeah. I remember talking to Bubble support a while back and they were surprised that I didn’t close out my browser more often. I think they almost recommend it to keep the editor updated.

Problem don’t dissapear then you reload the page, only browser restart helps.

Right, that’s what I meant. I restart the browser completely and it gives me a fresh start. Haven’t had to do that for a while now though. After I got my new computer.

I bought new pc too, right now it’s actually more then hour to notice slowness but it’s still bothers me, gonna get another 16 gb I guess.

I’m building a mobile app. Changing text sometimes takes about 1-3 seconds to process.

It’s a fairly large app so I can understand but it’s a nightmare to deal with on the development side.

16 GB - I5 - CHROME/BRAVE

I upgraded from 8 GB to 16GB and saw a huge performance gain. Bubble also promised to do the calculations on their side and everything was fine untill a few weeks ago when I started to notice the lag again.

1 Like

I have 32GB on my MacBook Pro. If I had a Windows computer I would max out whatever memory I could get for it.

Go for 256GB, 512GB or even 1TB memory if it allows you to. :+1:

I just checked the pricing for the higher GB. I guess just do what you can afford. :wink:

I used to work in a shop that would make memory modules. Didn’t realize they were that expensive still. :flushed:

Maybe shoot for 64GB or 128GB if you can afford it. :blush:

1 Like