Bubble + NoSQL DB or Graph DB

Hi,
Has anyone used bubble with below Architecture?
download

Bubble is great for quick prototyping with great interfaces for testing the market but I am not sure if we can scale with bubble.
I have also found that bulk data import and export functions are a big struggle.
So in order to use Bubble to its best potential which is creating interfaces (Front end Reporting and Backend Operations), I am planning to leverage some extended integrations.

Bubble interacts directly with MySQL or PostGrey to do all the transactional data operations

I can have some services to wrap data into different NoSQL dbs.
All the Reporting can be pluged to NoSql through bubble.

My Quick questions to any expert out here is

1. Has anyone tried plugging bubble to NoSql (Mongo or Any other). Can we still use nocode capability on Bubble with NoSql?
  2. Also has anyone plugged bubble to MySql or Postgre as there is a connector? How is external MySql performing when data size increases?

I am not a developer and I have no coding experience. I really prefer to work with no code so any inputs or suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

1 Like
  1. Yes; Yes
  2. Yes; First, your external MySql is going to perform as well as the resources you have given it. I assume you were asking how Bubble performs and this is entirely dependent upon how you are using the database. You should be aware of the limitations of Bubble workflows which have time/memory limitations as well as the limitations of the default Bubble connector.

That being said, your architecture diagram is, in my opinion, the proper way to use Bubble for anything outside of prototyping or smaller limited user applications. I believe this is the exact path of most future Bubble development (post prototype).

1 Like

Hi @bubble.trouble Thank you so much for the clarification.
On your point

“You should be aware of the limitations of Bubble workflows which have time/memory limitations as well as the limitations of the default Bubble connector.”

I am really a month old to bubble and have no idea to development (coding) but I am loving the simplicity of bubble workflow. Any idea how to mitigate the connector and workflow timeout issues?
Also if I use NoSql, will the workflows and querying work the same?
Thanks

There are manageable workarounds for all of the limitations… I think that’s why many of us are still here, because there is so much power and flexibility in the platform that nearly everything is possible. However, if you are new to coding then you will probably need to lean on the many freelance developers or development firms who are eager to help you as the workarounds usually involve some amount of custom plugin/coding.

Yes, the workflows work the same if you set everything up properly.