Calendar Grid Pro: Calendar Generator, Date Picker, Date Range Picker Like Airbnb, GRUPZ.com | Now at Version 1.6.1 - Fixes a Safari Compatibility Issue, minor bugfix

Coming momentarily… Calendar Grid Pro 2…

1 Like

Or not… the Bubble plugin builder continues to be a steaming pile of you-know-what.

CG Pro Version “1.3” published. This is really CG PRO 2, but Bubble’s stupid plugin editor is a pile of crap.

Potentially breaking change. Be warned that, upon upgrading, you may need to replace CG Pro elements and/or actions.

Key features:

• Option to exclude “outside of month” dates with new formatting options.
  • New Footer option with auto-legend and “status” label feature.
  • Custom fonts feature: Customize any text component with Google Fonts or Adobe Fonts/TypeKit fonts.
  • Four new ultra-powerful utility actions for creating/parsing dates and date lists, formatting dates and computing time differences. Mind-blowing date list creation features.
  • Bug fixes that repair bugs that hardly anybody noticed. :wink: (Fix for slashmode formatting problem.)
  • New “iteration complete” and other notification events.
  • New actions for updating legend/status area labels.
  • Under-the-hood improvements and fixes.

The baddest-ass date picker just got even more bad-ass. BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE. GET NOW.

Video documentation to come.

2 Likes

You sir have made my day.

Looking forward to the video docs as always. Congrats on the 2.0. launch (v1.3). Personally I can say this is one of the most comprehensive, feature packed, stable plugin within the Bubble plugins ecosystem. Nice work @keith

1 Like

Amazing @keith :clap: Looking forward to the video later to see the new features in action. Easily the best $10 I spend per month, make sure everyone checks it out.

1 Like

Just a quick note that I published a minor update to Calendar Grid Pro (now at version 1.3.1 in the plugin interface) which fixes a bug related to the “Latest Pick Date” and “Max Pick (Nights)” settings.

Turns out that, during range picking, the resulting dates to block were being miscomputed (they were off by 1 day).

I don’t think that any other CG Pro users besides myself uses those features, so this bug hadn’t been reported by other users. However, if by chance you use those features and had been working around the bug by adding a day (or increasing the “Max Pick (Nights)” setting by 1) note that v 1.3.1 fixes this issue and if you upgrade to that version, you should modify your settings.

Best Regards,
Keith

1 Like

OK, let’s get to some videos about new features in Calendar Grid Pro 2 (versions 1.3 and later)!

Quick intro and some new styling options including “don’t show outside of month dates”:

1 Like

More video: Calendar Grid Pro 2, part 2, styling for “outside of available pick range” dates:

More Calendar Grid Pro 2 video: The New Legend & Status Area

Showing the new auto-legend and status line styling options:

Calendar Grid Pro 2: video documentation part 4 - Custom Font Settings (part 1)

An overview of custom font settings in Calendar Grid Pro part 2 – focusing on TypeKit. More to come…

IMPORTANT UPDATE: I just pushed Calendar Grid Pro version 1.6 (after a couple of failed builds 1.4 and 1.5) that fixes a bug that was causing CG Pro to not load on SAFARI (both desktop and mobile).

The specific issue was in the new custom font loading functionality – the original code was doing a regex check that apparently Safari did not support, causing the code to fail to compile in Safari browsers. Apologies for this issue!

If you are using Calendar Grid Pro 1.3 (the version I call “Calendar Grid Pro 2”), you should UPGRADE to 1.6 in your plugin settings now.

In addition to this important platform-compatibility fix, version 1.6 also adds improved error handling for loading custom fonts. More videos on font loading to come!

If you are using a version earlier than CG Pro 1.3 and are ready to upgrade to the new features, you should always select the most recent release (1.6 at the time of this writing).

Note also that versions 1.4 and 1.5 – though the notes indicate fixing this same issue – do not successfully fix the Safari-related issues.

3 Likes

Thanks @keith for the videos. The custom fonts are a pretty cool feature, especially with the Adobe integrations. The Not in Month function is a useful one too.

Yeah the color selection bug is a pain. I stumbled across a quick fix to fully clear values, hopefully helpful to people:
fix-color-clear
Click in the color field > clear values with backspace > ‘Insert dynamic data’ > Right click and ‘Clear expression’ Note: Could also leave the expression blank, as this will not result in any error thankfully.

Cheers

1 Like

Are you SURE about this? When you close CG Pro’s edit interface and open it back up, is the field still empty… or does it contain #000000…?

Hey Keith, double checked and upgraded to the latest version of CGP 1.6.0

After the final ‘Clear expression’ I then checked the frontend and refreshed the editor. The field appears blank containing no hex code e.g.

Been experimenting with this plugin for several weeks now for a client project, and this is a seriously impressive piece of work @keith. It has saved countless hours trying to compensate for time zones, etc, with the regular calendar, and will continue to do so with the date range picker also. Big thanks, developing this must have caused its share of headaches. Working with datetime in multiple timezones can be a pain in the ass, believe me I know.

I had to replace the element after the 2.0 update (as you made clear), and after doing that, it works as expected. One thing though; I can’t get the DATE PICKED workflow to work anymore (I circumvented it by watching DATE PICKED is not empty instead, which works).

Is that something you can reproduce?

My workflow is supposed to animate a GroupFocus to hidden status when the date is picked (the Calendar Grid Pro element being placed in that GF).

1 Like

Hi @petter: The EVENT that is triggered when a date or date range is picked is called “Date or Date Range Picked” if I’m not mistaken. There shouldn’t be any changes to the behavior there. Note that you may need to rebuild your workflow as the Event is probably seen as the old event. (This is a painful side effect of how I have to build CG Pro and the breakage that occurs between major updates. On the plus side, there will likely not be any breaking changes for a good long time!)

Hi again, @keith

Yes, that’s the one, sorry for being unclear. I just set it up on a blank test page, and it works there, but not on the page where it’s supposed to.

I’ll assume for now that the mistake is mine, and do some more experimenting. I’ll let you know if I can’t get it working. Maybe I reactivated the “old” workflow again before I deleted the replaced 1.3 element.

By the way, I’m also eagerly supporting @simon’s available dates instead of blocked dates, feature request.** That would save me me even more work and processing, not having to generate the list of blocked dates :slight_smile:

What I would do, @petter is create a new workflow that triggers off of the “Date or Date Range Picked” event and rebuild the action steps inside there. That one should trigger. If you want me to look at your page, I could do that, too.

Hmm… yeah, “inverse mode”… I need to play around with that idea more. I had started tackling that and got a little stuck - can’t quite remember on what… (Theoretically, this should more-or-less only require flipping the formatting on available/blocked dates… sort of… Need to experiment with that more.)

Just found the error, and the mistake was mine indeed. When I recreated the element, I missed this setting:

The “is not empty” workflow triggered, since technically it wasn’t empty, but it expected one more click to finish the range on the calendar itself.

I’ll leave this comment here in case someone makes the same dumb mistake I did :laughing:

1 Like