Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Can I calculate field value?

Where can I use expressions to calculate field value combining numerical and logical operations like FIELD8=IF(FIELD1+FIELD2=N) THEN (FIELD2) ELSE (FIELD1*FIELD2))
Did not find this at tutorials at a quick glance. Thank you.

Hi there, @alex.tkachev.odessa… if you are saving the values to a data type, one way to go about doing what you have described is to use workflow actions with only when conditions on them. So, you could have one step in the workflow set FIELD8 equal to FIELD2 only when FIELD1+FIELD2=N. Then, the next step in the workflow could set FIELD8 to FIELD1*FELD2 only when the result of the previous step is empty.

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

Bad, I need certain flexibility in formulas, like picking from database. Thank you, I will give this a try.

Well, that certainly isn’t the only way to go about it. If you can provide more context or some examples, I’m sure someone can point you in a better direction.

Thank you. My site is going to gather data about user’s activity and calculate user’s rating based on this data. There will be 5 or 6 stats data fields, and rating calculation formula will depend on values of some of them.

I have never used it (I do pretty much everything with native Bubble), but there are posts that are similar to yours that mention the math.js plugin… probably worth a look to see if it would work for you.

Thank you. It thought there should be something like this. I will look at posts and plug-in .

1 Like