Can't get "next invoice" data from Stripe to display

Hey everyone! I’ve spent a good bit of time looking through the forum and docs, and can’t figure out how to achieve this.

Basically, I use a subscription in Stripe (not one-time product). When a user signs up and a subscription is created, I’d like to be able to show them on a Billing type page: “Your next invoice is $50.00” (for example). As best I can tell, this would be based off Stripe’s “amount due” or “upcoming invoice”.

I’m confused as to how to tackle it. Here are the approaches I’ve tried:

1. When a user onboards, and I “subscribe the user to [my plan]” and I store their “stripe subscription” in the DB (choosing “type = Stripe Subscription”). From there, I try to reference upcoming invoice, etc. but there doesn’t seem to be an option to do that.

2. I tried creating a webhook, that would capture Stripe’s “upcoming invoice” data. The webhook works great as far as capturing data (no errors), but when I create a new user account and go to the Billing page, it doesn’t show the amount due.

It seems like it should be really simple, but I just can’t get it to work. Is anyone displaying this info, and if so, could you point me in the right direction as to how you set up your webhook, and then what work flow you use on the page to display it?

Thanks! This community is awesome :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Jeremiah, did you ever find a solution to this?

1 Like

Current user -> Scroll down past your DB options (you will see stripe options) -> customer subscription’s current period ending

You will display when the next bill date is.

starting is when the last cycle started.

1 Like

Is there a way to see the amount that the user will be charged on their next invoice?

We’re applying referral coupons, so the amount they will be charged will sometimes change from month-to-month

Yes, you can use the “Stripe - Upcoming Invoice” function available in the Get Data from an External API Bubble function. It returns everything you need to know about the next invoice. There is unfortunately, an issue with this call however. If no invoice exists, a 404 error crashes the element.

This gets the billing date, but not the amount to be paid.