Change Date - Business Days Only

Yesterday I asked about how to change date (which I solved myself) woo go me.

Current date/time +(days): 1:formatted as Monday, May 30, 2016

Is there a way to do current date + ‘business days’?

Basically I want to advise clients that they can expect their deliverable within X business days (say 3). But if current date is a Friday, then using + days, it turns out to be Monday which is misleading for the customer.

So yeh, is there a way to do + business days or for + days to ignore the weekends?

1 Like

have you tried playing with the “extract” ? So if the output “day of the week” is 6 or 7 (check it out it doesn’t start on Sunday by the way), add the difference.

What about holidays?

Thanks for the suggestion of “extract”. I just can’t seem to get the logic working.

Current date/time +(days): 4:extract day is 6 or Current date/time +(days): 4:extract day is 7

If today is Tuesday and my expected delivery date is current day plus 4 days (meaning delivery falls on a Saturday), I want it to add 2 days so it falls on Monday. If the delivery falls on a Sunday, then I want it to add 1 day so it falls on Monday.

I just can’t figure this out. Been trying for an hour…can anyone help?

you have to use Csutom Workflow with conditions, or conditionnal formatting

If Current date/time +(X days):extract day is 6, then you’ll have to save Current date/time +(X+2 days)
If Current date/time +(X days): X:extract day is 7, then you’ll have to save Current date/time +(X+1 days)

does it help ?

1 Like

Sorry…I’m just not understanding the steps in between when you are saying “then you’ll have to save Current date/time +(X+1 days)”

For instance, if you want to display a message to your client :
“We’ll be back in [Currend Date/Time + 3 days]”

As a conditionnal formatting of this test message, you can add a condition.
IF Currend Date/Time + 3 days : extract day = 6,
Then display “We’ll be back in [Currend Date/Time + 5 days]” => Monday

And another one,
IF Currend Date/Time + 3 days : extract day = 7,
Then display “We’ll be back in [Currend Date/Time + 4 days]” => Monday

Does it actually help you ? or maybe I’m not clear about what you expect.

1 Like