Change date in Full Calendar programmatically - is this possible?

@laurence, so try this, have the calendar be not visible on page load, set conditional as the pickDate Setdate’s is not empty → this item is visible. that should then load the calendar and set the date to what you choose.

However it does not change when you change the date picker after the calendar is visible.

Unfortunately, changing the date after the calendar is visible is exactly what I need to have happen.

So the date to display first is only when it becomes visible, anything else should be changed with the date picker of the calendar. Does this plugin not have a built in date picker?

The built-in controls are ugly:

. . . with no option to format or position the elements, so I am left with hiding them beneath an opaque group on which I place the controls I need.

More importantly, I need to be setting and changing the date on two calendars in coordination, one for the plan and one for the actual activity. It would not be good to require the user to switch both in order to keep them in sync.

Gotcha, makes since now. I’ll see what I can figure out.

Have you thought about building the calendars out of a repeating group? Might be easier to change the dates.

Long-term attempting to create something that looks and behaves like a calendar using a repeating group creates a level of overhead that is unacceptable, especially when it gets to weekly and ideally, 8-day calendars.

Last night I dropped $94 to give Air Calendar a try. Functionally, I’m starting to get something that kind of works, but I’m extremely concerned that Bubble doesn’t require the developer to provide support of any plugin.

On a simple page the plugin has immediately started throwing an error. It doesn’t seem to affect usability, but it doesn’t look good for the future of the plugin and all the Bubble developers who are using it.

I actually just saw your post in there, I’m probably going to be doing a calender project here soon and was considering air calender.

Thats my concern with plugins, is if and for how long they will be supported, I try to build everything without plugings and if I do use them I try to use from a company and not a single individual.

Hi All - I’m actually running into this exact issue with one of my client’s use cases. FWIW I’ve tried wrapping everything in a group & refreshing, manually adjusting via CSS, and pre-loading the RG’s content and then filtering… so far to no avail.

If anyone figures this out it’d be a huge help… also if people are interested maybe an informal bug bounty? I’d chip in $5/$10 and I think this is a large enough use case…

I’ve got some ideas, ill try out and get back

So… the full calendar will not be able to do this, it only loads that first date to show on page load, and i doubt refreshing the page is something that would like to be done.

I do have this working with using an RG as the calendar, not much to it.

One RG for the calendar and then another nested inside for the activities of the day/hour.

@laurence if you would like can do some brainstorming on this and see if we can get it to suit your needs.
@danimal4580 this is not a bug, after i read the reference… it clearly states it on page load. However it would be nice to be able to change dates either by action or conditional.

Thanks Twilson - appreciate the thoughtful note. I agree it would be nice to change via action/conditional.

I’m thinking about trying to use some Javascript to target the elements that use “fc-state-default” and manufacture the behavior I want via simulated element clicks in the calendar’s header. Would love your thoughts on that approach.

Thanks so much!

I tried with some JS to make a click on a secondary button and couldn’t get it to work. But im not a big coder, that why I came to bubble.

I was building on powerapps but stopped when the changed their pricing model. They had a “pressed” that you could do that with on the elements. When button 1 is pressed button 2 is pressed.

Im wondering if bdk if then workflows would be something to look at.

Hey All - just coming back around here. Don’t suppose anyone figured out a solution?

Thanks!

Hey @danimal4580, I actually just started on something last night that may work but ill have to play with it a little bit more.

Twilson9034, have you found a solution to this problem?

1 Like

They do offer support but even with support, after 3 days I am giving up, it’s so unintuitive and difficult to use - I found it infuriating. Seems no one has been able to create a good calendar plugin :frowning:

:sweat_smile: thems some strong words. It’s easy to criticize but the simple fact is they are really complex tools and take time/iteration and sometimes there’s limiting factors (eg the sdk being used).

My calendar allows for programmatic day changing.

You seem to find a lot of things infuriating.

You seem to find a lot of things infuriating.

I’ve tried 12 plugins, 2 have been infuriating. Yep.

I never post unnecessary or snidey comments to an individual (as you do) but I do share my true thoughts on ‘paid for’ plugins which cause me issues after requesting help from the developer.

Have you tried my plugin? I do upgrade, as I can, the paid version still :man_shrugging:

No. I did see it in the plugin library but I have decided to revert to the Full Calendar and see if I can work around it’s limitations.

UPDATE: I’ve just reinstalled the free Bubble Full Calendar (after testing other paid options) and it seems to have been upgraded, either that or my previous installation had a bug? In any case, it’s great. Drag and drop now available and the whole thing just looks much cleaner. I need to dynamically switch between day and month views but I think I know how I can do this so that’s a result!