Change hidden dropdown input by clicking a button

Hey, can anyone help?

I have a hidden dropdown of prices $5, $10 and $20 and I have 3 buttons - what’s the best way for the user to press a button and it change the drop-down to the chosen amount?

Appreciate any help

I’m not entirely clear on what you’re trying to accomplish. What’s the point of the dropdown if it’s hidden? What’s the ultimate goal? What’s the UX you’re looking to achieve? I’m wondering if perhaps there’s another means to the same end.

Hi @sudsy here’s my UI. The price dropdown is going to be hidden, as the buttons are a much better way of giving the user pricing options. Nothing is saved to the database until the user presses the launch mission button therefore I need the button to change the hidden dropdown value.

If you can help that would be great

@dudders9 I’d recommend using custom states to store the users selected item. Then when the Launch Mission button is selected, save the selected item to the db.

2 Likes

Just ‘butting’ in here, what’s the point of the dropdown if it will be hidden?
Are you trying to set some value (whether it be a dropdown selection or custom state) upon a click of one of those buttons, so you can save the selection back to the database? If so, custom states is by far the better way to achieve this using a workflow action to set it.

Thanks @lantzgould and @pork1977gm

I will go with States on the button, they could just select from the drop-down but wanted it to be more visual. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

@dudders9 Super quick spin up example… but this would be the idea. Let me know if you need help setting it up. :slight_smile:

Amazing thanks @lantzgould that’s perfect! Appreciate your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.