Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Format Dropdown Values as Numbers

I have dropdowns where the values are something like “3 Widgets”. When that value is selected, I want it to be interpreted as “3”, the number. How can I get the text string in dropdowns to be interpreted as numbers?

You could use a custom state: “When dropdown’s value is changed and this dropdown’s value is “3 widgets”> Set custom state (type number)'s value to 3.” You can use the value of the custom state from there.

OR you could save the value to a field: "When dropdown’s value is changed and this dropdown’s value is “3 widgets” > make a change to a Thing > field in Thing = 3. Now that value is saved to your database.

Let me know if this helps.

Gaby | Coaching Bubble

1 Like

Thanks for your response!

So I went into the dropdowns conditional tab, clicked “define another condition”, set the “when” field to This Dropdown’s Value is “3 widgets”. But when I click “Select a property to change in this state” I don’t see value as an option. I see "Default Value’ but I don’t think that’s what you’re referring to?

I’m sorry, I should have specified. These would both be workflows, not conditionals. So create a workflow “When input’s value is changed” and select the dropdown as the input. From there you can choose to use the custom state route (an element action) or the data change route (a data action).

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the help you’ve been. I wasn’t even aware of the custom states. Thanks!

1 Like