Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Change quantity of item and add each separately in shopping cart

Hi forum,

Going mad over this one. I have a shopping Cart for each User that logins to my ecommerce site. I have a table of all the items. Next to each item there is an input box for quantity of that item, 1-9. When the user clicks the “Add to Cart” button, I want it to add 1-9 separate database things for the same item based on the quantity selected. This is so each version of the item can be customized separately further in the checkout process.

I have no idea of how to set this up or the logic of this and my brain is numb searching for a solution. I know I have to schedule an API workflow and, in fact, I just upgraded my account so I can access APIs. However, I have no idea how to set this up.

Can someone help me please?

I know this problem has been discussed in this forum in at least 3 separate threads, and I read them 2 months ago when I first got to this problem. But I put off upgrading my account 2 months and now I can’t find those threads anywhere.

Thanks for your assistance!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Anybody? Wish I’d booked marked the other threads can’t find them anywhere.

Just need to know how to do this:

Screenshot (149)

Customer chooses a quantity of the product, then clicks the “add to cart” button to the right.

I want this to create 8 separate order items in the shopping cart.

I know i have to run an API call to do this. But how?